Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished product from smoke tube.

fb056d8a17d322cf5e03419a983caa66.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like more than smoke. What is it?
Basting. I threw together a mix of olive oil, Teriyaki, Balsamic vinegar, granulated garlic, and Head country dry rub seasoning.
Put it on at 11 am at 225. Started basting at 2pm. We were working on opening the pool all day and every 20 minutes or so basted the pork sirloin. It had been injected previously with the same basting sauce.
Pulled it off around 6:30, rested it for 15 minutes, and it came out with a great smoke ring, and juices flowing everywhere.
We use a pellet grill now. I miss my old propane grill that had a rotisserie. We would put pork or chicken on there and let it rotate all day and baste it every time we walked by. Makes a heck of a bark.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saved the rotisserie kit on the last gas grill we had with intention of mounting it on this pellet grill. Unfortunately, the pellet hopper is right where holes would need to be drilled and hardware mounted. The lid design on this pellet grill doesn’t lend itself to a rotisserie being added either.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saved the rotisserie kit on the last gas grill we had with intention of mounting it on this pellet grill. Unfortunately, the pellet hopper is right where holes would need to be drilled and hardware mounted. The lid design on this pellet grill doesn’t lend itself to a rotisserie being added either.
Hmmm... is there room to mount it front to back rather than side to side? Or does the lid design prevent that as well?

Just a thought. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom