Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely. However, when I cook them falling off the bone, everyone at home raves over them... so... what do the BBQ judges know, amiright??? lol

I liken it to TV and movie critics... they often LOVE movies I can't farging stand, like The Hours or whatever. They will pan movies we find incredibly entertaining.

So... eff it, do what ya like! lol

I agree, do what the crowd likes. I was just quoting KCBS rules for competition as they have a bar that has to be reached to judge against other competitors.
For the record, I bought some boneless beef country style ribs today to try the slow charcoal indirect method. The beef looks a little too lean to me to get real tender, but going to try it. Marinade for at least 24 hours and cook for as long as the charcoal lasts. If not tender I'll do the Texas cheat, and wrap in foil for an hour or so to steam.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven’t heard, Google “Nonesuch OKC” - Bob Appetit Magazine has recently named this local eatery “The Best New Restaurant” in the USA for 2018. That is pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven’t heard, Google “Nonesuch OKC” - Bob Appetit Magazine has recently named this local eatery “The Best New Restaurant” in the USA for 2018. That is pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are booked through the end of Sept.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
20180811_153123.jpg

1LB peeled and deveined shrimp
14OZ pork or chicken sausage
2 medium zuchini sliced
2 medium yellow squash sliced 1/2 bunch asparagus sliced into 3rds
2 bell peppers chopped into chunks
salt and pepper to taste
2 table spoons olive oil
2 table spoons cajun seasoning

cook sausage then
add all ingredients into bowl toss until coated
cook until shrimp is pink and veggies are tender
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!!

This is how the recipe said to do it but I found that if I wait until the veggies are almost done then add the shrimp I like the shrimp texture better!!

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 123125
1LB peeled and deveined shrimp
14OZ pork or chicken sausage
2 medium zuchini sliced
2 medium yellow squash sliced 1/2 bunch asparagus sliced into 3rds
2 bell peppers chopped into chunks
salt and pepper to taste
2 table spoons olive oil
2 table spoons cajun seasoning

cook sausage then
add all ingredients into bowl toss until coated
cook until shrimp is pink and veggies are tender
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!!

This is how the recipe said to do it but I found that if I wait until the veggies are almost done then add the shrimp I like the shrimp texture better!!
Looks great! Looks like the Green Chili stew I had in Chama NM last week. Substituting Hatch Green Chili's for the bell pepper.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Café Kacao on Classen at about NW 32nd street. Awesome Latin American Style Food, mostly Guatemalan. And let me tell you, Mama Veronica can flat cook. Try the Cuban Omelet, or the Chimichanga with Carne Asada. Best dang omelet you ever thrung a lip over. The chimichanga is about the size of your head. The Cuban Omelet is piled with some delicious kind of beef; tender, yum-o-licious beef. And some kinda Guatemalan cheese. And eggs, and black beans and mostly... just tastes great! You MUST use the "No Wait App" if you want any hope of getting a seat, on a weekend especially. The place is a dive, but has the best food around. If you (my wife loves them) like fancy coffee-like drinks, they do the best. I have broken down and had a foo-foo one myself a time or two, (don't tell nobody okay?) but their plain old Guatemalan Coffee is some good Joe all in itself. Makes a dump like Scarbucks look like...well, a dump. We go here to pig out about once a week.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Café Kacao on Classen at about NW 32nd street. Awesome Latin American Style Food, mostly Guatemalan. And let me tell you, Mama Veronica can flat cook. Try the Cuban Omelet, or the Chimichanga with Carne Asada. Best dang omelet you ever thrung a lip over. The chimichanga is about the size of your head. The Cuban Omelet is piled with some delicious kind of beef; tender, yum-o-licious beef. And some kinda Guatemalan cheese. And eggs, and black beans and mostly... just tastes great! You MUST use the "No Wait App" if you want any hope of getting a seat, on a weekend especially. The place is a dive, but has the best food around. If you (my wife loves them) like fancy coffee-like drinks, they do the best. I have broken down and had a foo-foo one myself a time or two, (don't tell nobody okay?) but their plain old Guatemalan Coffee is some good Joe all in itself. Makes a dump like Scarbucks look like...well, a dump. We go here to pig out about once a week.
Be in OKC in a couple of weeks. I'll put that on my calendar to check out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom