Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Solid plan. Indirect charcoal grilling is great. You should’ve put a couple of wood chunks along that path.

Rump roast?
Shooting for rare/medium-rare?

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi
Yes, rump roast. I was going for tenderness. Marinated it for two hours in Daddy Hinkle's steak marinade.
Kept it at the 250 degree level for about 3 hours basting every 30 minutes with a mix of aged balsamic, Lea & Perrin worcestershire sauce and olive oil with some crushed garlic in the sauce. Wrapped for one hour and rested for 15 minutes. Sliced and poured the juices left in the foil back on the roast.
It turned out fantastic. We shared with neighbors. No knife needed, fork tender.
Next venture with this method will be a boneless pork butt with some chorizo sausage stuffed in the middle.
Didn't have any smoking wood available, but your right, it would have added another layer of flavor.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shrimp Etouffe Kent Rollins style
Ingredients

• 1 stick butter
  • 2 yellow onions chopped
  • 2 stalks celery chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper chopped
  • 1 poblano pepper roasted and chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • ¼ cup white wine
  • 2 lbs. large red shrimp peeled, deveined and thawed if frozen
  • Rice or bread for serving
Instructions
  1. In 12-inch cast iron skillet or stew pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the onions, celery, bell pepper, poblano peppers and garlic. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.

2. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Stir in the chicken broth, wine and shrimp. Cook for 15 minutes or until the shrimp turn a pink opaque color, stirring occasionally. Serve warm over rice or bread.
  4. Tip: To roast a pepper, place it over a flame until it blisters and evenly chars, rotating frequently. Place the pepper in plastic bag with 1 tablespoon of cold water and seal. Let set for a few minutes. Remove the pepper from the bag and peel off the outer skin. The steam helps release the skin easier.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shrimp Etouffe
5eae87cd084d4f11090bbdad6f691329.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Corned beef is on sale most places right now I think walmart had it 2.00 per pound last week. I have about 10 in my freezer now and in a few weeks I'll run a few through the grinder and make sausages so I can have reuben hotdogs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom