Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easter Saturday coming up for us. Family issues that can't get everyone together on Sunday, so it is what it is. Weather looks to be good, and the ribs will be the main event on the cookshack smoker.
I've never smoked a turkey, but have had some brined turkey breast that has been on a smoker. Real light smoke like the traeger so I'm interested in bringing turkey that some have done and turned out well. We tried to brine a chicken once and it was like eating a giant salt crystal. We have brined a ton of pork and it turns out great. I'm guessing the brine for poultry needs less salt.
I need to hear your turkey breast brining recipe, or its going into the deep fryer.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, I made a cheese sauce. I melted some butter in my wok, added flour to make the roux, and after the roux was done, i dumped some grated cheddar cheese in it mixed everything together. Then some chicken stock was blended in a bit at a time until it was smooth, and some chopped broccoli was added and let to simmer, stirring occasionally. The last ingredient for the sauce was some canned chicken breast.

Angel hair pasta was then prepared and mixed in with the sauce.

Accompanied by some Jarrito's Mexican soda, (pineapple) we had a splendid repast.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a heart-healthy version of the sauce that made up on my own. In a hot pan, saute some garlic in olive oil and then saute some tenderized chicken breasts in the oil, setting them aside when they're done, then add flour for the roux,. Add grated mozzarella cheese and mix thoroughly. Gradually add fat-free chicken broth, stirring constantly until you get the desired consistency. Add (if desired) mushrooms, and/or small black olives, return the chicken breasts to the mixture and let it simmer until the chicken is done. Another option is to use canned chicken breasts.

It is very tasty served over noodles or the pasta of your choice.

My late uncle was a patient of Dr. Joseph Galichia of Wichita, and I told him about this sauce and he said the only concern to him was the calories from the olive oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom