Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all chili purists might want to cover yer eyes... :D

Back in the '90s, we'd visit my Dad weekly (Mom passed in '89) and he'd often have my wife mix Wolf brand chili and Campbell's Chunky Beef soup for a meal.

I did the same thing this evening (one can of each), and added about 1/4 inch of Tabasco from one of the large bottles.

Heat it in the microwave (stir a couple times), open a stack of saltine crackers, and you're good to go. It's also good with sliced/pickled jalapenos and/or white bread.

Trust me, it's really good.
:drunk2:

NOTE: I originally posted this in the "what are you enjoying tonight?" thread, but decided it might fit better here. So if a mod wants to remove one or the other, feel free to do so. ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom made some beef stew with rutabaga in place of potatoes the other day. It was ok. Kinda different. She overcooked it a little bit, so the rutabaga was pretty soft, but was interesting.

I am seriously thinking of making a fatty now, or some sausages, or some chili, or....

And DAMN I need some of that basil!!!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And DAMN I need some of that basil!!!!

Man, I wish you'd a said something! I'd a sent you a boat load! It got bit pretty hard last night.

20191029_111516.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 144389 If y'all dig an awesome shrimp cocktail that's very filling with lots of shrimp, diced cucumber, onion and tomato, this is as good as they come. Comes with some packets of Mexican hot sauce and that makes it perfect.
This is at Tacos Don Nachos on about sw36 and council. @druryj this is close to you I think.
I eat there once a week at least

YESSIREE! That place has been hit or miss over the last year or so, but the shrimp cocktails are always very good.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a mediocre combo plate a few times...the seasonings seemed a little off. Not bad, by any means, just "off" a bit; I think too much cumin maybe. But now you got me wanting to go there to get a shrimp cocktail.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a mediocre combo plate a few times...the seasonings seemed a little off. Not bad, by any means, just "off" a bit; I think too much cumin maybe. But now you got me wanting to go there to get a shrimp cocktail.
I always get the crunchy tacos or Lengua Tacos. Ever had Lengua tacos? Try em. DA BOMB

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoulder on right now. I used to wrap em at 165 or so but last time I didn’t wrap at all and it was pretty darn good. A few more crispy bits that evened out the rest of the tender meat nicely during the pull. what do you smokers do w your shoulders?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YESSIREE! That place has been hit or miss over the last year or so, but the shrimp cocktails are always very good.

3278c61cd8061fc41cbd3811242daf2d.jpg

The photo doesn’t do this shrimp cocktail justice. Those 4 prawns were the biggest we have ever seen at 1 1/4” diameter. They were a full meal but you will need to travel to Santa Fe Nm to enjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom