Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not my recipe (found it on the net) but one that I am going to try real soon...

PORK BELLY BURNT ENDS RECIPE

Ingredients

• 8lb Pork Belly skin removed
  • ½ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
  • 1 ½ sticks Butter sliced
  • ½ cup Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cup Honey

• Pork Belly Burnt End Glaze
  • 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
  • ¼ cup Apple Juice
  • ¼ cup Apple Jelly
  • 1 Tablespoon Frank’s Hot Sauce
Instructions

1. Prepare charcoal smoker for indirect cooking at 250-275⁰. Add 2 chunks of Cherry Wood for smoke.
  2. Remove pork belly from packaging and cube into 1 ½” x 1 ½” pieces.
  3. Season all sides of the pork belly cubes with The BBQ Rub.
  4. Arrange cubes onto a full size cooling rack and place on smoking grate.
  5. Smoke pork belly for 2 – 2 ½ hours.
  6. Place each Pork Belly Burnt End into an aluminum pan and cover with brown sugar and honey. Arrange butter in between the pork belly pieces.
  7. Cover pan with aluminum foil and return to smoker for 1 ½ hours or until the pieces are tender.
  8. Drain the liquid from the pan and add the Pork Belly Glaze to the burnt ends. Toss gently to coat each piece and return to the smoker to set the glaze for 5-10 minutes and serve.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not my recipe (found it on the net) but one that I am going to try real soon...

PORK BELLY BURNT ENDS RECIPE

Ingredients

• 8lb Pork Belly skin removed
  • ½ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
  • 1 ½ sticks Butter sliced
  • ½ cup Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cup Honey

• Pork Belly Burnt End Glaze
  • 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
  • ¼ cup Apple Juice
  • ¼ cup Apple Jelly
  • 1 Tablespoon Frank’s Hot Sauce
Instructions

1. Prepare charcoal smoker for indirect cooking at 250-275⁰. Add 2 chunks of Cherry Wood for smoke.
  2. Remove pork belly from packaging and cube into 1 ½” x 1 ½” pieces.
  3. Season all sides of the pork belly cubes with The BBQ Rub.
  4. Arrange cubes onto a full size cooling rack and place on smoking grate.
  5. Smoke pork belly for 2 – 2 ½ hours.
  6. Place each Pork Belly Burnt End into an aluminum pan and cover with brown sugar and honey. Arrange butter in between the pork belly pieces.
  7. Cover pan with aluminum foil and return to smoker for 1 ½ hours or until the pieces are tender.
  8. Drain the liquid from the pan and add the Pork Belly Glaze to the burnt ends. Toss gently to coat each piece and return to the smoker to set the glaze for 5-10 minutes and serve.

This is really close to how I do my ribs. I just apply a simple rub since I like for the smoke to get all the way through the meat, then at the end I make up a apple butter and Head Country sauce with more rub to brush on. When I foil, the apple juice goes in then. Cherry, apple and hickory for wood. Good stuff!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weather is perfect. Built a little fire, roasted a hot link with an asparagus spear and wrapped in a tortilla shell with some kicked up mustard.
Done with buns. This was worthy of seconds. Lol.
29042d6c1bd474793ac5e48e02e226cd.jpg

55419d707aed2a1a7cb8c2615b828615.jpg

f0601c3f0f2f15efaddf1d175a7dc347.jpg

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

Ingredients

1 - Large yellow onion, halved and sliced

1 - 5 To 7 pounds pork butt roast

Salt and black pepper

2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp dry mustard

Pinch cayenne pepper

¼ cup cider vinegar

3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 cans Dr. Pepper (24 ounces)

2 Tbsp Brown Sugar

1 bottle BBQ sauce, 40 oz. (I prefer Head Country)

Hamburger buns

Directions
Generously season the pork roast with salt and pepper. Spread the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker then set the roast on top of the onions. Combine and add all remaining ingredients, except the BBQ sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until roast easily pulls apart.

Drain the juice from the slow cooker into a bowl. Remove roast from pot. Remove onions from juice and replace in slow cooker. Use two forks to shred meat, remove bone (if any) and replace in cooker. Pour in a bottle of BBQ sauce. Add 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking liquid back to the slow cooker. Stir to coat. Cook another 30 to 60 minutes on low.

Serve shredded pork on buns. Enjoy!

I have made this recipe and it's delicious! Enjoy!

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who makes a good sweet rub? I've used Head Country rub for quite a while, but I'd like to try something with a little more "sweet" and a little less "salt" taste. Ideas.?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My redneck sous vide cooker and temp controller. Early Mothers Day dinner tonight. USDA prime ribeye capsteak for me, bacon wrapped fillet for my wife, lobster tails and bacon wrapped garden asperigus for both of us. Washed down with a nice Merlot.
cce5326abc76c3ab408b6e46c73d4c99.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom