Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If y’all are into grilling/BBQing/smoking then you owe it to yourself to stop by a KosmosQ shop.
Great stuff. Good advice.
If you do wings, you need to check out their wing dust - you won’t be sorry. Rubs, sauces, bribes, injections, and other delicious things. Just do it.

I went to the one over by H&H today and left with goodies to try out on my next cook.

kosmosq.com

bc0579dfc754bb2d8df053b78e185626.jpg

Coincidentally, right next door is the Greatest Of All Time beef jerky company. If you like beef jerky, it’s worth it. Try before you buy, can’t beat that. Left with some good stuff.

thegoatbeefjerkyco.com

7f453b9d9df4cc27102d817c309634c3.jpg

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems I have to do more than one beer cans with my chicken. From a few years back, but if the chicken grease drops into the open can, (I used a can opener to open the can wide) and you slosh it a little turning it around, you can get some really good singed skin on your chicken.

IMG_5446.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did not know how to do two images in a row. Chickie was good, moist, and tender. I always use a 30 min salt soak on any chicken item. Never tastes salty, but holds the moisture in to not be dry. Everything goes better with fire. JMO

Attachments

• IMG_5444.jpg
    IMG_5444.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 93

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, I am a "learn as you go guy" A full can of beer will not get hot enough to boil the desired flavorings out or do anything for flavoring during a "Beer Can Chicken" cook if you have too much. Now if while preparing, if all but about a half inch or less of the can were to be removed (by your desired method) the end results might be different.

it would be a small volume, easy to heat up to start steaming the aroma quicker than a full can, might be desired. And as a safety factor in case of drippings as by my pictures of my first one, might to leave room for some random chicken grease to reside during the boil. I had figured that out 10 cans+ into the cook and it got my attention to think about it later. Been doing it ever since with different brands of flavoring. In reality, not much difference, does not soak in like hickory smoke I normally use even just a few chunks thrown on the charcoal. Beer can holder works well to provide an even heat, but just kinda a nifty way to cook a chicken rather than spotchcasting in my opinion. But the bottom line. We are having fun, and I have yet to have to feed all my mistakes in cooking, grilling, smoking to my dogs, they just get little side pieces Ha Ha

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys eat fried radishes? Some of the people in the cast iron cooking group were talking about them as a low carb alt to fried tators. Did a few last night as was pleasantly surprised. They lose their heat during cooking so the wife will even like them. They also talked about roasting them in olive oil and rosemary but I have not tried it yet.

Fried radishes.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom