Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff Phillips @ www.Smoking-meat.com has e-mailed me some inspiration for my Mother's Day cook. Here's a picture of my goal:

9e401deaa5c24e939c1337c9d5bae194.jpeg

It's an herb-crusted pork loin. I'll try to remember to make pictures of how mine does.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it brined? Pork loin can get dry quickly.

Not according to the directions - smoke @ 225* for 3.5 hrs. to an internal temp of 140*. It is marinated overnight with the herb rub and olive oil. I do understand why I should be concerned about drying out and brining is an excellent way to avoid it.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it brined? Pork loin can get dry quickly.

OK - I bought a full pork loin this afternoon, cut it into two portions, trimmed up the fat/silver skin, and put it into an apple-juice based brine. Just before bed, I'll take it out, give it a rinse, and apply the pork rub with the rosemary/thyme/garlic crust. Smoking will commence around 2pm Sunday.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done it twice now. Second time was much better than the first, but I still have lots of room to improve on this particular project.
I have only done it 4 times now the first wat a corned beef only the second was a Salty as hell pastrami the next two were pastrami's and I was using 19 lb whole chuck roasts cut in two pieces I think I will try a brisket this next time the chuck is a bit to thick and sometime the brine doesn't get tot he center, either that or wi will inject the brine next time.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gojo Ramen -OKC
In the Plaza District: excellent Japanese food. Brussels Sprouts Salad was tops. If you like Ramen, the choices here are all very good. The Spicy Miso was killer! The only problem was I waited for about 25 mins for someone to come in and wash my hands...
f744bd7b134620f3dbfb6196a6a93f63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom