Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I decided to do a chuckie on the smoker today. Got a 5lb chuck roast from the local butcher yesterday, salted it well and left it wrapped in the fridge overnight. This morning seasoned it with a layer of smoked paprika, a layer of garlic powder and some black pepper. Threw it on the pellet smoker for about 4 hours. Took it out, put it in a pyrex dish and covered tightly with foil, threw in the oven at 325 for a couple hours, dropped it down to 250 for another hour or two, then down to 170 to hold for an hour or so.

Pulled it apart, threw it on a toasted bun. Sauteed some green bell pepper and onion in some butter, chopped garlic and S&P. Threw in some sliced jalapenos about halfway through.

Topped the whole thing with a few slices of a hot pepper American cheese and broiled it in the countertop oven.

Sorry... the only pic I took before I devoured it with some salt & vinegar potato chips;

20200216_163448-X2.jpg
Now that looks like a samich

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So @RickN I went to GC Friday night. I wanted a prime rib and Texas Roadhouse had a line out the door. So I took a chance again after 15 years.
The verdict, the prime rib was tough but did have a decent flavor. The horse radish was a joke... What was that really, Mayo?
The atmosphere was awful. Kids running around and just kinda scary looking people in general.
I won't be back, ever, but i gave it an honest try.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So @RickN I went to GC Friday night. I wanted a prime rib and Texas Roadhouse had a line out the door. So I took a chance again after 15 years.
The verdict, the prime rib was tough but did have a decent flavor. The horse radish was a joke... What was that really, Mayo?
The atmosphere was awful. Kids running around and just kinda scary looking people in general.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That is ok, they probably thought you were kind of scary looking too, but you went on a Friday night and expected it to be great? First rule of any buffet is never go on a weekend night, and do not expect what would be an expensive item at any restaurant to be good at a buffet. Should have tried the sirloin, shrimp, etc.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is ok, they probably thought you were kind of scary looking too, but you went on a Friday night and expected it to be great? First rule of any buffet is never go on a weekend night, and do not expect what would be an expensive item at any restaurant to be good at a buffet. Should have tried the sirloin, shrimp, etc.
Dont be hating cause I dont agree with your pallet.
Day of the week should not matter. A bigger crowd should mean fresher food htting the line more often, they never ran out of stuff, it just was crap.
I'm scary alright but dont let these cloth fool ya lol.
I know you have a different level of food quality standards than I - or most. Heard about the chili lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom