Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ramen noodles with garlic chili paste and ground turkey. Sprinkle with chives in the bowl. Quick, simple and delicious.
1632545613512.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are not wrong.

O2 itself isn't flammable, but when it seeps into items that do burn (hair, clothing, etc.), it increases the flammability of those items almost beyond belief. O2 saturated cloth can be almost explosively ignited with sparks (I've personally seen this demonstrated).

Stay safe. :drunk2:
___
Yep, O2 is a catalyst to combustion. I've seen a leak in the O2 cutting torch hose ignite and cause steel sheeting in a welding booth to burn. Reached in to to turn off the ball valve supply line, and the fire quit.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This house husband stuff is exhausting. I need something for tomorrow night, what did you do here?
This is the recipe I share with the cast iron cooking group so it is spelled out.

Beef & Bambi meatloaf with veggies.

Preheat oven to 425, spray 9x13 pan or 12 inch cast iron with cooking spray.

1 lb 80/20 beef and 1/2 lb ground venison, but you can go all beef if you wish.
1 cup uncooked quick oats,
Big splash of Worcestershire sauce,
Big splash of Salsa,
2 eggs,
chopped onion,
chopped bell pepper if you like,
Ketchup. Enough to give it a wet feel which varies by the meat. Start out with 1/2 cup and add more as needed.
Mix all together well and dump into one side of the pan.
Top with more ketchup.

Peel a large sweet or white potato and cut into bite size pieces.
Cut carrots into bite size pieces. Couple large, several small or how ever many you want.
Place carrots and tators in other side of pan. Drain a can of green beans, hominy, corn, whatever you like and add to the veggies.
Add more chopped onion.
Season with S&P or a seasoning blend. I like Morton's Nature Seasoning.

Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour. If carrots are not tender cook an extra 15 minutes.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the recipe I share with the cast iron cooking group so it is spelled out.

Big splash of Salsa,
2 eggs,
chopped onion,
Ketchup. Enough to give it a wet feel which varies by the meat. Start out with 1/2 cup and add more as needed.
Top with more ketchup.

Cut carrots into bite size pieces. Couple large, several small or how ever many you want.
Place carrots and tators in other side of pan. Drain a can of green beans, hominy, corn, whatever you like and add to the veggies.
Add more chopped onion.

Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour. If carrots are not tender cook an extra 15 minutes.
Nice, thanks! I'll look for the cast iron group.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Big splash of Salsa,
2 eggs,
chopped onion,
Top with more ketchup.

Add more chopped onion.

I have an electric smoker that I dont use much. Its yours if you want it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, thanks! I'll look for the cast iron group.
It is called Cast Iron Cooking and is on Facebook. There are a few others with the same name but you can follow this link or look for the group with over 423K members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/castironskillet
I like it, no politics, memes, cat videos, etc. Just cast iron and cooking. You will see dishes and recipes from all around the country and if you see a dish that interest you, you can ask for the recipe if they did not post it. Only a few main rules and you should read them when you join. Most important 2. If you post a pic, make sure to include your CI. If someone post a dish you do not like, just ignore it, do not say yuck or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom