Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Bar S bologna looking exceptionally "pinkish" these days?
And does not taste like it used to in my opinion, however I always preferred Fricks. Small Co in Missouri quit making the large chubs to slice and grill/smoke. Been taking their 1lbers and slicing them endways. I am having a hard time finding something else I like that is easy to find in the local stores.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And does not taste like it used to in my opinion, however I always preferred Fricks. Small Co in Missouri quit making the large chubs to slice and grill/smoke. Been taking their 1lbers and slicing them endways. I am having a hard time finding something else I like that is easy to find in the local stores.
I saw some Schwabs bologna and hotdogs at the walmart ss on the highway in Edmond.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw some Schwabs bologna and hotdogs at the walmart ss on the highway in Edmond.
Can’t go wrong with “anything” by Schwab! Buy their dawgs and chilli a LOT. Like fried bologna as well, and yes Schwab’s is GOOD. Of course IMHO 🤷‍♂️👍
Schwab's Fancy Bologna

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lard, seriously. You can use crisco, and I do, but lard gives some great results. Its also a natural product, just rendered pork fat.
Years ago, Mrs. Orangevale got her neck bowed about lard. I pointed out that the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts she relied upon contained not only lard but hydrogenated lard. She deployed a gaze akin to “Is this the hill you want to die on?”. And that was the last time lard was discussed at Chez Orangevale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom