Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guiness pie 1.jpg

Recipe to follow.....

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the link to the recipe in it's original form. We generally find one we like then tweak to our tastes. Looking at their picture I might have went a little Michael Myers on the top of the crust!

Beef and Stout Skillet Pie - lists ingredients. Click on Directions button and it takes you to this site:
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a36827/beef-stout-skillet-pie-recipe-wdy0914/
Ex: It calls for butternut squash, I subbed russet potatoes. Frozen pearl onions - chopped onions and browned with the hamburger. Added chopped carrots which weren't listed and 2 cloves of chopped garlic in the onions/hamburger.

Hint: I bought a 16 oz Guinness can since didn't want a six pack. YOU drink half first THEN measure rest into measuring cup. I poured 8 oz into a cup then wife grabbed the can and said recipe doesn't call for more so poured in a cold mug and took in the other room. :)

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a 1/2 side of beef late last year and ended up with way more cubed steaks than I recall from years past. Looking for new recipes for using tenderized cube steaks. What'ya got? Too tired to Google!

Here's what we generally do:
Chicken fry(of course) - seasoned flour dredge, then egg wash, back in flour and fry until golden brown. Remove steaks, add a roux and make gravy. I've never had much luck with a breading of sorts without it either sticking to the pan or falling off after letting it rest a couple minutes before serving.

Swiss steak - slight twist on this classic tomato basted dish. Cube steak, seasoned flour dredge, fry in a small amount of oil until about half way done. Sautee thinly sliced onions with minced garlic in olive oil. Add a quart of canned chipotle tomatoes(home made), simmer 15-20 mins. Pour 1/3 of tomatoes and onions on bottom of casserole dish. Add steaks. Cover with remainder of tomatoes/onions. Foil over top and bake on 350 about 45 mins - hour.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom