Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made some filing cabinet hickory smoked turkey this afternoon. Will pair it later with some fresh corn on the cob and fresh squash. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

IMG_2150.JPG

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we are stuffing our faces with smoked chicken (thank you again @Shakel65 ) tator salad, beans and deviled eggs. I should have take a pic but I am busy eating. Besides the wife was circling the chicken like a vulture waiting to eat. :P

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone like pineapple upside-down cake?
View attachment 282466
That's looking good.
I followed a Justin Wilson recipe for a cake with pecans like that but it didn't have a whole lot of pineapple flavor in the cake itself.
I have read that you can buy some pineapple juice and use that in the cake instead to get more flavor but haven't tried it yet.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's looking good.
I followed a Justin Wilson recipe for a cake with pecans like that but it didn't have a whole lot of pineapple flavor in the cake itself.
I have read that you can buy some pineapple juice and use that in the cake instead to get more flavor but haven't tried it yet.
The recipe I have had you pour the pineapple juice from the can of rings in the batter so it was pretty pineapple(y).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For you guys smoking and grilling, I found a tator salad recipe that is great. Made it today and could not get the wife to stop eating it long enough to put it in the fridge. You can change it around as much as you want. I left out the spinach and bacon this time, and used honey mustard in place of the Dijon and sugar. Also another good use for sweet potatoes which are a better choice for diabetics.

https://www.copymethat.com/r/dzWrPFcFD/russet-and-sweet-potato-salad-w-bacon/

Latest posts

Top Bottom