Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner. Not bad, if I must say so...

View attachment 294148
Must you really? Or "might" it be something else!
That pic has me Jones-ing all of a sudden. !! May have to get the better half to go to the store and get some meats while I am at the deer lease tomorrow! Tater and asparagus we have already. How do you cook your asparagus? I use olive oil and sesame seed .

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must you really? Or "might" it be something else!
That pic has me Jones-ing all of a sudden. !! May have to get the better half to go to the store and get some meats while I am at the deer lease tomorrow! Tater and asparagus we have already. How do you cook your asparagus? I use olive oil and sesame seed .
I just drizzle a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill it until it's showing some good grill marks. Usually just takes 5-6 minutes.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one was pretty good. Ground beef enchilada chili. Teenage daughters said it's a keeper.

Attachments

• 3CCCF932-3AFD-41AB-BAB4-AC77F05A0B36.jpeg
    3CCCF932-3AFD-41AB-BAB4-AC77F05A0B36.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ooh, with lobster would have been awesome. Except I have no idea how to cook it. :rollingla
I usually put on a pellet grill around 400 with little seasoning of your liking. Set the lobster tails directly on the grill grates. Cook with the lid closed until the meat is white and opaque, 25-30 minutes..

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner is one of my favorites. Wife says it is to spicy but she is a wimp. Smoked sausage, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, diced tomatoes, a little garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Great by itself or over rice. We already took a couple of servings out.

Sausage and zucchinni.jpg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner is one of my favorites. Wife says it is to spicy but she is a wimp. Smoked sausage, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, diced tomatoes, a little garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Great by itself or over rice. We already took a couple of servings out.

View attachment 295761
YUM love squash

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YUM love squash
Here is the recipe if you want it. Pretty easy to make and healthy if you use turkey smoked sausage and lower carb rice.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)

1 tsp minced garlic

1 pound smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch pieces.

1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch pieces

1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch pieces

2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise or 1 can diced tomatoes.

1/2 teaspoon Oregano

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/2 teaspoon salt (if desired)

Instructions

Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat.

Melt butter in the pan, then add the diced onion; stir and cook until onions are soft.

Mix in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the sliced smoked sausage.

Cook until sausage is browned; about 7 minutes.

Stir in the veggies and seasonings and cook another 7 minutes or until zucchini is tender (soft, but still has a bit of crunch to it).

Serve on it's own or over a bed of steamed rice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom