Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone up for a pan of buttermilk biscuits? The bread bowl I use to mix them in wasn’t my mother’s, wasn’t my grandmother’s nor my great-grandmother’s. Yup, my great-great-grandmother made biscuits in the very same bowl what 125 years ago? Pretty darn cool if you ask me. 😉
And yes, that’s a dollop of bacon grease on each one.
Edit: Forgot to mention the Wagner skillet was hers too.
CC8E37E0-82D2-4668-BD68-FC6C3EB31B76.jpeg
50CB8967-94A6-455C-ADEA-B00496B36E24.jpeg
9826F5BC-5934-43E3-A32B-9AD24C5F4F78.jpeg

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried a new place Friday. It was pretty good. Only downside was this is as close to Hawaii as I'll get this year.
I like them, pretty good stuff. If youre ever up in tulsa, try out F's hawaiian food truck. Its very good, I go every time im in tulsa. Its also next door to a pretty good pawn shop, which adds to the alure.

If youre in dallas, you gotta get L&L BBQ. Its amazing, will blow both Mo Bettas and F's food truck out of the water. Ive made trips down to dallas just for that, back when I had more expendable income and free time.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone up for a pan of buttermilk biscuits? The bread bowl I use to mix them is wasn’t my mother’s, wasn’t my grandmother’s nir my great-grandmother’s. Yup, my great-great-grandmother made biscuits in the very same bowl what 125 years ago? Pretty darn cool if you ask me. 😉
And yes, that’s a dollop of bacon grease on each one.
View attachment 324470View attachment 324469View attachment 324468
Nice Biscuits... Bowl is great have some of my granny's and mom's stuff not that old though!

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like them, pretty good stuff. If youre ever up in tulsa, try out F's hawaiian food truck. Its very good, I go every time im in tulsa. Its also next door to a pretty good pawn shop, which adds to the alure.

If youre in dallas, you gotta get L&L BBQ. Its amazing, will blow both Mo Bettas and F's food truck out of the water. Ive made trips down to dallas just for that, back when I had more expendable income and free time.
Have to try the truck next time I'm in Tulsa. Thanks for the heads up.
There's an L&L across the street from the place we usually stay at on Maui and eat there a coyote times every time we're on island. But there's another little place about a 1/4 mile away that is absolute top shelf. We found that one back in 2001, ten days after 9/11, on recommendation of an OG in the condo elevator. He also hooked us up with a pineapple packing shed. Sadly, three pineapple shed closed a few years later. The dinner had changed hands 3 times that I know of, but the food and service is just as good. Honokowai Okazuya Deli.

Latest posts

Top Bottom