Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some things are just better cooked in cast iron.

Attachments

• 04D9FA28-5E3F-4A5C-95B6-61C8745A3C9B.jpeg
    04D9FA28-5E3F-4A5C-95B6-61C8745A3C9B.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some things are just better cooked in cast iron.
Boy, ain’t that the truth. It’s pretty much all I cook on since we moved into our new house. The burners on the stove won’t get low enough with my then daily pots and pans so I switched to Le Creuset pots and cast iron skillets. Thank the Lord I got all my family cast iron (various sizes) going back to my great-great-grandmother. Not to sound weird but now and then it strikes me that part of what they cooked is still in those old skillets and Dutch Ovens.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, ain’t that the truth. It’s pretty much all I cook on since we moved into our new house. The burners on the stove won’t get low enough with my then daily pots and pans so I switched to Le Creuset pots and cast iron skillets. Thank the Lord I got all my family cast iron (various sizes) going back to my great-great-grandmother. Not to sound weird but now and then it strikes me that part of what they cooked is still in those old skillets and Dutch Ovens.
me too got mom's-grandmothers... and a couple pretty old flea mkt pans... only 1 new!

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
me too got mom's-grandmothers... and a couple pretty old flea mkt pans... only 1 new!

Last nite was Pizzelle nite.... recipe is same as Mom's / Grandmom , although they made them 1 at a time using a cast iron IRON turning it over the flame...they did have that old world taste.....BUT mine are very good....

Attachments

• IMG_7174.JPG
    IMG_7174.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7177.jpg
    IMG_7177.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom