Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife thinks the same but I tend to disagree. If it takes beans to make your chili taste good then it ain’t very good to start with. 😉😂
FYI I won the chili cook-off at church last year. First time entering one. 😜
Beans aren't for improved taste, IMO it makes it heartier.

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 357760
Anyone ever made a Beef Wellington? This was my first one I made it for Christmas dinner. Learned a lot, can't wait to make it better next time. It's the best thing I've ever ate. Gordon Ramsay says it's the ultimate indulgence, I don't think he's wrong. OMG words can't describe how good this was.
I've done it deer too.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you cut up the peppers really small? Or is the Carolina Reaper whole and buried in there?

Nope, homegrown Scorpion peppers. These dang things are hot.

1679857406850.jpeg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd put my chili up against yours (with beans) any day. lol
Keep dreamin’ CHenry. 😉😂😂 Truth be told it’s my great-grandmother’s recipe from probably 100 years ago and has been tweaked here and there by my grandma and mom. “Nama” was quite the woman. The real reason I don’t put beans in it is that I use it for more than chili and cornbread. I’ll make a double batch and save it in quart bags in the freezer to be used for lots of different things from chili dogs to believe it or not with spaghetti noodles. Wife thought I was nuts the first time I gave it to her but now when I ask if she wants her chili with beans or spaghetti it’s the noodles 95% of the time, just delicious. I have yet to serve it to someone who’s a cook that hasn’t asked for the recipe to which I answer “I’ll be happy to make it for you anytime” and give’m a big smile. I also like keeping it on hand to hand out to folks that could use help with dinner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom