Coon Hounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's BEAUTIFUL! And he's gonna be enormous. He's still got one ... maybe two ... more growth spurts in front of him. Most breeds (not counting those yappy little purse puppies) don't stop growing until somewhere between 12-18 months, though it does slow down a bit at 12 months.
Thank you , he's a lot of fun I won't Jane anything other then coon hounds anymore, Blue tick , redbone, Black and Tan, bloodhound , gonna have one of them from now on

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you , he's a lot of fun I won't Jane anything other then coon hounds anymore, Blue tick , redbone, Black and Tan, bloodhound , gonna have one of them from now on

That's how I feel about German Shepherds. Even though the one I have now is worthless as fits on a boar hog, I adore him. He's 9 and starting to slow down, which gives me the itch for a younger dog. BUT I'm no spring chicken myself, so he may be my last GSD.

That mutt that followed me home from the lake a couple of years ago is probably 3. If I have his dominant breed pegged he's probably gonna make it to 15 or so. So I figure he will be my last dog. By then I'm gonna be old enough I'm not gonna wanna fool with taking care of anybody but me. Hell, I'm about half-way there now. Lol

I love my pets enough that I'll not have a pet that has to go to another home (or worse yet, a shelter) if I go on before them. Besides, after spending my ENTIRE life taking care of brothers and sisters, kids, boyfriends, husbands and critters, I'm ready for some "me" time.

JW/OK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking hound! I have had a few bluetick males in the 75 to 80 lb range. Some have genetics to be big, high level of nutrition can bring the size out in them. I hunted with a butcher in Stillwater in the early 1980's that had a Black & Tan that weighed around 100 lbs because of all the meat he fed him. Old Shine was one of the best I ever hunted with. I still prefer the blue dogs!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blue Ticks are great and wonderful hounds. I hope you get to enjoy many hunts with him, for many years to come.

I have coon hunted for many years with Blue Tick hounds, but my favorite has turned out to be the Red Bone hounds. A much different bawl with a much calmer disposition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom