Cooper Model 52 280 AI - Value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard too get good money for "High Quality" rifles (Classic Steyr-Mannlicher in the Classifieds for example)...too many cheaper options that shoot just as well.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After getting this in last week I decided to pull the stock off and give it a good cleaning. I couldn't get the stock off for the life of me, and was actually starting to believe someone bedded it and couldn't get it separated, so they just sold it that way. I was afraid I was going to tear up the stock so after working on it a while I decided I was possibly going to have to send it back to the owner for a refund, or to cooper at the owners expense. After a discussion with Cooper gunsmith it was determined it just needed some more muscle to get it apart. They said they bed all their rifles before sending them out, so it had probably has not been separated since then. I stuck it in the vice and decided to put some bolts where the action screws go and started wacking away with a rubber mallet. Slowly but surely it started to work loose and finally broke loose. Wow, talk about a tight fitting bedding job. I got it all back together and am ready to stick a scope on it and go shooting.....as soon as I get the NightForce ATACR I want...I plan on making a modified case for it tonight so I can start getting my loading data together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom