Copperhead!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dark except for light in the shop, walked all over around the back of the boat getting fish out and battery chargers installed.
Saw a motion in the side vision that turned out to be a young copperhead slithering into the shop building.
Pinned it with one square point shovel and committed carnage with another.

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just returned from my ranch in Hughes Co.....as I arrived at the front gate I got out of the truck and went to unlock the gate. I have a rocked gate entrance and driveway. When I started to unlock the gate I looked down and saw a 3 ft. copperhead about 24 inches from my foot....I'm 71 years old but moved like a teenager...It took a few minutes for my heart to slow back down....I'll be looking out better from now on.....

1911er

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dark except for light in the shop, walked all over around the back of the boat getting fish out and battery chargers installed.
Saw a motion in the side vision that turned out to be a young copperhead slithering into the shop building.
Pinned it with one square point shovel and committed carnage with another.

View attachment 209501
View attachment 209502

Wouldn't call that a clean kill, but did the trick. That one is just young and dumb and full enough of venom to shoot it all in one strike. No mercy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom