Cops Respond to Self Defense Shooting: Brazil v USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very interesting video as the ASP videos usually are. I was more intrigued by the actions (or inactions) of the responding officers to the victim still holding his gun after shooting two guys. Looks like the cops had a "Yep...they needed shootin'" attitude and weren't the slightest bit concerned about the dude still holding his handgun. Not only that but they didn't seem too concerned (at least initially) about either of the bad guys having a gun, either.

Big difference between Brazil and the US...at least in that instance:

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work with a cop who had also been a cop in Brazil. To say he had some very interesting stories from his time down there would be an understatement.

I also love the way everyone just drives by and around the dudes in the street. It's like, no big deal, just another day...

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to work with a cop who had also been a cop in Brazil. To say he had some very interesting stories from his time down there would be an understatement.

I also love the way everyone just drives by and around the dudes in the street. It's like, no big deal, just another day...
Heck, I see two bodies in the street i don't know I'm not stopping either.

Reminds me of a friend in Dallas who tells the story about how they saw someone get shot as a DPD cruiser rolled by and that dude didn't even slow down for it. What's the point of stopping when you know someone would already have the drop on you if it's still active.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I support the effort, I wouldn't be surprised if, here at least, an argument was made the second perp was fleeing and threat was over.

But didn't Brazil pass something opening up season on motorcycle mounted thieves?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, I see two bodies in the street i don't know I'm not stopping either.

Reminds me of a friend in Dallas who tells the story about how they saw someone get shot as a DPD cruiser rolled by and that dude didn't even slow down for it. What's the point of stopping when you know someone would already have the drop on you if it's still active.
Not sure where you've been but here, in this country, there would be at least a half a dozen people with their phones out recording it in hopes of getting a new "viral video".

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I support the effort, I wouldn't be surprised if, here at least, an argument was made the second perp was fleeing and threat was over.

But didn't Brazil pass something opening up season on motorcycle mounted thieves?

Not sure about that. But they did recently drop a lot of restrictions on gun ownership and carry of firearms for protection. Apparently that's caused a significant drop in some crimes from what I've read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom