Corn Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, back when I bought bagged stuff in 50 lb sacks, it took 7 bags to fill a 55 gallon drum.
Now it's 40lb bags most places.
Last year I paid $4.25 a bushel in bulk. Bushel weighs 56-58 lbs depending on moisture content.

I had a brain fart when I asked the question about how much corn fits in a 55 gallon drum. I've got two 55 gallon drum feeders going right now that I filled up a couple weeks ago, and yes, they do hold (7) 50 lb bags or (8) 40 lb bags.
Dennis,
At that bushel price, you are paying less than $150/ton, and that's a deal!

I'm all about saving money where I can, but I try not to be one of those people that steps over a dollar to pick up a dime. I've seriously considered buying some kind of grain trailer, but for what one would cost me initially, I can buy sacked corn for YEARS and still come out ahead financially.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a brain fart when I asked the question about how much corn fits in a 55 gallon drum. I've got two 55 gallon drum feeders going right now that I filled up a couple weeks ago, and yes, they do hold (7) 50 lb bags or (8) 40 lb bags.
Dennis,

I'm all about saving money where I can, but I try not to be one of those people that steps over a dollar to pick up a dime. I've seriously considered buying some kind of grain trailer, but for what one would cost me initially, I can buy sacked corn for YEARS and still come out ahead financially.

The grain buggy with auger would just be for Convience. A few years back you could buy them for a hundred bucks or so at auctions. Might need some sheet metal repaired and other minor repairs.
But, since the "gotta have a food plot" revolution began the small implements are bringing a premium price.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis,

You need to just come by on your way up and grab my chem tote, have it filled with bulk from Kremlin/Nash save the $. You can drop it off on your way back . In a perfect world, we can get an extra one (your cuz has em' laying around). Heck we can leave the empties behind his barn and he wouldn't even know.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to just come by on your way up and grab my chem tote, have it filled with bulk from Kremlin/Nash save the $. You can drop it off on your way back . In a perfect world, we can get an extra one (your cuz has em' laying around). Heck we can leave the empties behind his barn and he wouldn't even know.

Is this the kind of tote you're talking about?

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 126

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $5.79 per 38 pound bag at Tractor Supply today in Ardmore. The Atwood's in Madill has rice bran pellets for $9.99 per 50 pound bag. Gonna have to try it because the deer aren't touching the corn. Had it out 3 weeks and nothing but coons and pigs. I'm Not used to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $5.79 per 38 pound bag at Tractor Supply today in Ardmore. The Atwood's in Madill has rice bran pellets for $9.99 per 50 pound bag. Gonna have to try it because the deer aren't touching the corn. Had it out 3 weeks and nothing but coons and pigs. I'm Not used to that.

For the record, coons and pigs will eat rice bran too. I was told several years ago they wouldn't, but it's not true...:grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom