Cornett's 2018 gubernatorial campaign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that growing businesses and population at an exponential level is considered success these days. I disagree. Rick Perry was so good at it in Texas for so long that he damn near turned the state blue with all the people and businesses he stole out of commiefornia. Mick would likely be fairly good at doing the same here. That seems to be his MO.

I don't want them to increase the population, build more roads, increase congestion, noise, etc. I like my wide open, quiet spaces and those bastages keep trying to fill them with wall to wall people and they call that success. I'd just like them to manage what we have already in an efficient manner. Been wanting that my whole life and have yet to see it. So I'll pass on voting for candidates that have this as their idea of successful government, if I wanted to live in a big city there are plenty I can go to.
OKC needed the progress it made. The city was DOA. It's about the size I like. It could see a bit more growth, but that's it (In my opinion).
Six hundred thousand is a great number for a city. Big enough to have the things you want and small enough to enjoy it.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Shadowrider on this one. I miss the days when the drive from the north side of OKC to Norman was through a little, tiny town called Moore and then a LOT of wide, open space. Now it's just a damned nightmare, no matter what time of the day you are going through -- but God help you if it is between 4 and 7 pm ... Argh ...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC needed the progress it made. The city was DOA. It's about the size I like. It could see a bit more growth, but that's it (In my opinion).
Six hundred thousand is a great number for a city. Big enough to have the things you want and small enough to enjoy it.

I agree that Bricktown and downtown is a bunch better than it was. It has a kind of "retro ambiance" that's pretty cool. But I hate the crowds and they seem to just want that whole scene everywhere, at least that's their goal.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Shadowrider on this one. I miss the days when the drive from the north side of OKC to Norman was through a little, tiny town called Moore and then a LOT of wide, open space. Now it's just a damned nightmare, no matter what time of the day you are going through -- but God help you if it is between 4 and 7 pm ... Argh ...

Tell me about it. I live right in the middle of it all. When I came here all of it was just fields. :grumble:

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think about it all Cornett did was get behind a tax hike in order for Bricktown and MAPS to become a reality. AND I thought these things were supposed to fix all our woes...kinda like the lottery was supposed to "fix" education. Remember that? Cornett as our Governor is a BAD idea.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you alls thoughts on Gary Richardson?

He'll definitely get a look from me. I met him and got to talk to him one on one last time he ran, he was invited to come to my work by the owner of the place. He was very intelligent and knowledgeable on a lot issues back then. I love his idea of auditing every agency. I'm not quite sure what his hardon over the turnpike system is, he seems to blow it way out of proportion and seemingly blames all of the state's ills on that alone. I doubt that he has much more of a shot at winning than last time but I'll look when it gets closer.

Todd Lamb seems to be the best GOP has on the ticket right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom