Cornett's 2018 gubernatorial campaign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted for Richardson when he ran against Brad Henry(?) I agree his thing about the turnpike system is a little overblown although I agree with him they should be completely paid for by now.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC needed the progress it made. The city was DOA. It's about the size I like. It could see a bit more growth, but that's it (In my opinion).
Six hundred thousand is a great number for a city. Big enough to have the things you want and small enough to enjoy it.

This is completely off topic but I got into it with some lady who crossed against a red light when I was picking up my wife downtown recently. She told me I "should stay out of the civilized parts of the city and stay in the sticks." (Not sure where she got that, I just bought a Hyundai and thought that would make me respectable). Adding a basketball team and a couple new shiny skyscrapers doesn't make this Times Square. The stockyards on Agnew are still just a few miles down the road but people sure got their noses in the air in this "big league city". They want EVERYBODY to know they shop at Whole Foods and live in the fancy new apartments like Level that charge just under a grand for a tiny 1 bedroom apt. and eat at the waffle place that thinks it's Michelin star rated, has coffee shop music blaring and prices to match. It's STILL JUST A WAFFLE. I guess I say all that because the growth may have been good economically for our city but it brought in some real a$$holes which in my estimation look down on us peasants. They'll be the next members of the chamber of commerce that crap on our 2A rights. I blame Mayor Mick for that.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is completely off topic but I got into it with some lady who crossed against a red light when I was picking up my wife downtown recently. She told me I "should stay out of the civilized parts of the city and stay in the sticks." (Not sure where she got that, I just bought a Hyundai and thought that would make me respectable). Adding a basketball team and a couple new shiny skyscrapers doesn't make this Times Square. The stockyards on Agnew are still just a few miles down the road but people sure got their noses in the air in this "big league city". They want EVERYBODY to know they shop at Whole Foods and live in the fancy new apartments like Level that charge just under a grand for a tiny 1 bedroom apt. and eat at the waffle place that thinks it's Michelin star rated, has coffee shop music blaring and prices to match. It's STILL JUST A WAFFLE. I guess I say all that because the growth may have been good economically for our city but it brought in some real a$$holes which in my estimation look down on us peasants. They'll be the next members of the chamber of commerce that crap on our 2A rights. I blame Mayor Mick for that.

Very true, good sir.. I'm still kicking around how to make money off of these people. If you make some new, cool thing that they start talking about and gotta have, you're golden.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I say all that because the growth may have been good economically for our city but it brought in some real a$$holes which in my estimation look down on us peasants. I blame Mayor Mick for that.

Blaming Mick for people acting like an ******* is silly! There are assholes in every part of OKlahoma rural and suburban. For what ever reason society/parents have bread a bunch of people that think way too much of themselves and think they are first in every way possible.... Not Micks fault , that would be the parents and this feel good society!!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blaming Mick for people acting like an ******* is silly! There are assholes in every part of OKlahoma rural and suburban. For what ever reason society/parents have bread a bunch of people that think way too much of themselves and think they are first in every way possible.... Not Micks fault , that would be the parents and this feel good society!!

Our population hasn't increased just because of Okies. Go downtown man. Look at all the tags from places like Washington D.C., California, etc. Watch them drive like cabbies on the lower east side of Manhattan. Go to a restaurant during lunch and listen to some of the conversations and accents. These people aren't from here. The chamber of commerce and Mayor Mick in particular invited them here. And as I said, while their money is good for our economy, their manners and priorities are definitely not. I reiterate that both Cornett and the chamber of commerce are adamantly anti-gun. "It's bad for business".

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Company I work for offices in the Leadership square, and I deal with these people and the assholes all the time and can say that it is about a wash when it comes to where these people come from. I am an Okie and we do not have the edge when it comes to manners. Parents raise these people to act the way they do, not Mick. I have met Mick and can say that while his politics and mine do not mix, he was a nice person towards me.
And I can also say that the vast majority of the out of state people I run into downtown are nice and polite, just making it through life as we all are.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I can also say that the vast majority of the out of state people I run into downtown are nice and polite, just making it through life as we all are.

Sadly, there are so many that wont get that

Actually, I do get that as I'm generally a "live and let live" kind of guy. In doing so, I try to maintain a connection to reality as it is rather than what I wish it to be. In the reality I view, I see states like AZ and CO being "Californicated" because of the influx from CA changing the basic nature of the receiving states. Looking just across the Red, there are clearly the same forces at work. It's nothing but simple self-preservation to say I don't want that for OK where the new arrivals try to turn this place into the crap-hole they left. The politicians that seek to do these "import" deals in the name of economic development should be held to account for the natural consequences of the deals.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you think about it all Cornett did was get behind a tax hike in order for Bricktown and MAPS to become a reality. AND I thought these things were supposed to fix all our woes...kinda like the lottery was supposed to "fix" education. Remember that? Cornett as our Governor is a BAD idea.

The Carnac in me foresees a soon to follow decline in all that has been recently built/rebuilt with tax money. It wasn't accomplished with or by market driven forces. It was accomplished with tax money 'sold' to the people with populist/utopian ideals and ideas . There are no real market forces that will sustain what has been accomplished with artificial incentives. Given time, it will fold to the same lack of market driven forces that were at play that lead to the decline before MAPS. :twocents:

Your mileage may vary, but if I were not me, I'd be looking for better fuel at a lower price. :lookaroun

Woody

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cornett get's a lot of credit for the success of bricktown and OKC in general. Truth is, Ron Norick fought that battle and changed OKC forever.
Cornett has reaped the political benefit of those that made it all happen.
He seems like a nice enough guy but as far as supporting the rights of others, not sure he cares.
Would he be a good Gov? A monkey with a stick would be better than what we now have. He could be. But that would depend on how he feels about supporting the state as a whole and pushing for what the majority of the people of this state supports.
We don't elect the Gov to be God. We elect him/her to implement the wishes of the people of Oklahoma.
Since when do the people we elect give a dang about what we want? It's sad that we elect these people to represent us and when they get in they care only for themselves. Or their donors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom