Corona Virus- Panic Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went out to WM to pick up a prescription and it was much less busy than normal for a Saturday afternoon. I must have hit a lull in the panic buying frenzy.

Stopped by the grocery store to pick up my normal weekend groceries on the way back home and they were low on tp and sanitizing products but everything else was normal.

So, maybe the sky isn't falling.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was talking to oldest son earlier today. He said that they saw somewhere on Farcebook that there were some people posting that they were selling "bundles" of toilet paper for about $40 a bundle.

If that is true, I hope the nincompoops that did it end up with year's worth of TP and unable to do anything else with it.

And, I couldn't read the NY Time article because they insist on me paying them.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was talking to oldest son earlier today. He said that they saw somewhere on Farcebook that there were some people posting that they were selling "bundles" of toilet paper for about $40 a bundle.

If that is true, I hope the nincompoops that did it end up with year's worth of TP and unable to do anything else with it.

And, I couldn't read the NY Time article because they insist on me paying them.
Long story short, the guy is sitting on 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of other items since Amazon shut is resale account down. Article says EBay and other places are cracking down on gouging like Amazon did here.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A priest who had the virus served communion and exposed 500 people to the Coronavirus...and how many did the 500 expose? And those they exposed went on to expose others-no doubt. People don't have to follow the rules and recommendations of medical authorities, the police, CDC or any other entity, they do as they please. This was not the case in the forties and fifties where people respected one another..and the rules provided by competent authorities.
DC Priest With Coronavirus Gave Communion To More Than 500 ...
That’s what those people get. Had they done communion the correct way they wouldn’t have been exposed.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went out to WM to pick up a prescription and it was much less busy than normal for a Saturday afternoon. I must have hit a lull in the panic buying frenzy.

Stopped by the grocery store to pick up my normal weekend groceries on the way back home and they were low on tp and sanitizing products but everything else was normal.

I ran to Uptown Grocery and grabbed a few things. It was pretty busy.

Might make a Sam's club run tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped by Academy and most of the ammo was sold out. Picked up some .45 and ordered some 9mm online. There were a couple people at the gun counter asking about different guns for defense. Seemed a bit odd but I got what I wanted and left.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard eating beef is the cure for corona virus! So y’all buy all ya can stuff in the freezers!
I'm doomed! All I've got in my freezer is deer and elk.
OK!, OK! OK! I bought a couple USDA Prime, 32 day old dry aged prime Rib steaks today from Reasors in Broken Arrow. Is that a sufficient innoculation for the virus or do I need to buy more? Looking for help here. I'm skeert I may not have bought enough! :cry11:

Latest posts

Top Bottom