Corona Virus- Panic Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always had a stock of essential "stuff"-toilet paper, flour, sugar, canned vegetables, freezer full of beef. People today won't know what to do in a real crisis because they've grown to depend on the government for everything-and the government is as confused at most of the population, they don't have the answers either.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm doomed! All I've got in my freezer is deer and elk.

I can trade you a pound of very nice 80/20 ground beef for 5 pounds of venison backstrap. :rotflmao:

Oh, I was in Crest last night and the only things I saw that was sold out was Lysol and hand sanitizer. TP, bleach, etc were all still on the shelves. I got the wife a can of Lysol wipes to use on the phone at her work. She does the receptionist thing at H&R Blockheads during tax season so a lot of people handle the phone there.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm doomed! All I've got in my freezer is deer and elk.

You've got a heart of gold Dennis.....unknowingly you are saving the lives of countless vegetarians.

vege.jpg

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fatality rates are less than the "common flu" but that doesn't matter to a lot of folks.

COVID-19 mortality rate is orders of magnitude higher than influenza. 3.4-5.9% from what I am seeing. The common flu in the US has an average mortality rate of 14.9 per 100,000... COVID-19 on the same scale has a predicted mortality (based on current numbers) of 3,400 per 100,000.

The CV is the perfect biological economic weapon because people can be carriers and not even display symptoms while they intermingling with the general population.

This is the same as the flu, measles, mumps, and the common cold. Pretty much any virus, really.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the crowd we've got here on OSA I know I probably shouldn't tell this on myself but here goes.......true story.

Me and a buddy went to Bangkok for a week of R & R from Vietnam and I'd never seen a bidet before......I walked in the bathroom and couldn't figure out what it was till I turned it on and then I hollered at Calvin, "hey bubba look you've got a drinking fountain in your bathroom".

Apparently more worldly than me Calvin walked in the bathroom and started laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes and he finally calmed down enough to tell me what it actually was.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
COVID-19 mortality rate is orders of magnitude higher than influenza. 3.4-5.9% from what I am seeing. The common flu in the US has an average mortality rate of 14.9 per 100,000... COVID-19 on the same scale has a predicted mortality (based on current numbers) of 3,400 per 100,000.

This is the same as the flu, measles, mumps, and the common cold. Pretty much any virus, really.

Big difference in the mortality numbers because the "common Flu" is fatal all across the age spectrum and so far Corona V is primary FATAL in older people who already have underlying health conditions. The average age of the people dying so far from CV is about 80 years old.
In fact I recently saw a story where small children can carry the virus and NEVER Develop the symptoms.

I don't think the measles-mumps-and the common cold were developed in a laboratory in Wuhan China.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom