Costco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much was the brisket, ribs and pork butts?
Brisket and pork St. Louis cut ribs were $2.99/lb. The brisket is USDA prime grade. The St. Louis and baby back ribs all come in packs of 3. You get a bigger discount if you buy a whole case at a time. I think 4 briskets per case, not sure how many packs of ribs. I didn't check the prices of baby back or pork butt since I don't usually cook them. Next time I go I'll check.

But, like I said, the brisket was sold out. Hopefully they can keep it in stock. Otherwise I may have to cancel my membership.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buying meat at a wholesale club is kind of like scavenging roadkill, you might get the freshest meat, but it's still road kill.

Local supermarkets and neighborhood butchers don't do anything different to their packer trimmed briskets than any wholesale club. They all take them out of the box that the processing company shipped them in and slap a label on the vacuum pack and toss it in a meat cooler.

But the prices and availability at wholesale clubs may be better.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting terms of membership, but legally no weight if not posted. When I was there a yesterday I looked fairly carefully. I didn't see anything posted.

If you really want a reason to avoid costco this is probably more relevant, though if I'm honest I think the police went ballistic in response, and yet another "we investigated ourselves thoroughly and found we did nothing wrong."

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/cops-gun-down-man-for-legally-carrying-firearm/

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local supermarkets and neighborhood butchers don't do anything different to their packer trimmed briskets than any wholesale club. They all take them out of the box that the processing company shipped them in and slap a label on the vacuum pack and toss it in a meat cooler.

But the prices and availability at wholesale clubs may be better.

Alll meat is created equal.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting terms of membership, but legally no weight if not posted. When I was there a yesterday I looked fairly carefully. I didn't see anything posted.

If you really want a reason to avoid costco this is probably more relevant, though if I'm honest I think the police went ballistic in response, and yet another "we investigated ourselves thoroughly and found we did nothing wrong."

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/cops-gun-down-man-for-legally-carrying-firearm/

No weight at all in OK unless they see it and ask you to leave.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Costco in Tulsa has cops all over the place. Not sure if that's a regular thing or just because it was opening weekend. But I counted 6 different uniformed TPD.

All of them calculating how much their extra-duty check will be. TPD didn't put those officers there, COSTCO requested and paid for each one of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom