Councilwoman Sworn In on Dr. Seuss Book

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the article :
One can only hope that choosing to make a mockery out of the serious pledge to protect and defend the Constitution.

HHHMMM so that is what they are doing with hand on a Bible and saying stuff.

I highly doubt it.
So many politicians trying to tear the Constitution apart..they have done no better than this lady.
I feel she did Nothing wrong. Why would you need to put your hand on any book really.

What does it really do? Is it black magic of some kind, will you fall dead if you lie when your hand is on the book.
Is it a cult thing? Is it a club thing to join you must do this and repeat these words.

BUNCH OF BS.
Get into office and do your job.
When you get hired at a regular job none of this tomfoolery is going on.
Guys in wigs made this put your hand on a book stuff up long ago and personally I think it is senseless.
But look at how they lived by the Bible back then ...Much different than how people live now.

Not to mention Separation of Church and State.
What is the Bible even supposedly doing in there.

Worm can was opened.
Thanks for opening it, somebody has to or the truth will never get out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of points. It's been a heck of a long time since I read the Constitution, but I think it merely refers to making an oath. I think that the idea of the hand on the Bible came much later

As for the phrase, "separation of church and state," that is nowhere in the constitution. The first amendment refers to the government not establishing a religion nor can it "prohibit the free exercise" of religion.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using the Dr. Seuss Book transforms a solemn occasion into a farce (which may very well be appropriate for the candidate in question).

But I'm guessing the point was to ridicule Christianity more than procedure.

Just my 2¢ ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom