Counties in Oklahoma with no building permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know of an area in Oklahoma that is totally exempt from permitting. I know as an electrical contractor your required to file With the state for electrical work performed in unincorporated areas

Unless your really familiar with what is going on I’m not sore I’d want to gamble. I’ve seen too many hack jobs

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inspections really aren’t hard to pass if you’re out a bit even if they’re required. They are good ol boys out in those areas and usually aren’t invested in jamming you up.

If you wanna be truly off grid, you can also do shipping containers and no one will balk because they’re designed to be moved. If you put the windows in the ends, you can close them all up and look like nothing and that’s also safer if you’re not there full time.
We have seen entire mini shopping malls built from those conex containers. Area In Albuquerque New Mexico. has about a hundred of them containing bars, ice cream places, clothing and whatever in less than an acre two stories high. Probably two dozen businesses located there with a common area in the center.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do mean unrestricted land? Like no covenants or restrictions? You want to have qualified licensed contractors building to a code, meaning yes you want them to be held to working under a permit. But, like I said, unrestricted property that allows pole barns, barndominiums, etc. We are also looking and having a heck of time finding land without C&R's. We want to put our 5th wheel on the property until we build.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We built the shell of a couple of small cabins (to finish off ourselves) and a pole barn in 2003 and another pole barn in 2009 in Osage county. Osage wants a permit but they don't come do any inspections for anything. They did make a special trip the years of the builds to verify the size of the new buildings so they could adjust our property taxes accordingly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom