Country Band ‘Confederate Railroad’ Banned From Illinois State Fair Due to Offensive Name

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:clap3:

And this is the country we live in now. I am so glad my parents left that state when I was but 3 years old. Sadly, that is where I was born (parents were stationed at Chanute AFB in Urbana)

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The band has some good music. May even still have a few of their cassettes. The era of PC is in full swing thanks to the lefties. Reminds me of how the confederate Air Force had to change their name. Not sure what it’s called now but it’s still the same point

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The band has some good music. May even still have a few of their cassettes. The era of PC is in full swing thanks to the lefties. Reminds me of how the confederate Air Force had to change their name. Not sure what it’s called now but it’s still the same point
It's now the Commemorative Air Force. IIRC, they weren't forced to change their name, they chose to do it almost 20 years ago, before this PC crap really got going.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:clap3:

And this is the country we live in now. I am so glad my parents left that state when I was but 3 years old. Sadly, that is where I was born (parents were stationed at Chanute AFB in Urbana)

Awwww...... Chanute. I was there for 9 weeks in 1975. I have such fond memories of that place.

There were bumper stickers.

“Happiness is seeing Chanute in your rear view mirror.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom