Country singer Justin Carter dead at 35 after accidental shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colt (or maybe S&W) used to have a print ad that warned you to keep an empty chamber under the hammer for just this reason. In particular, a lot of old revolvers (and semi-autos) aren't drop-safe. That's why safeties like firing pin blocks and transfer bars exist today.

Odds are that it was the result of a mistake, but you can't eliminate mechanical failure based on the facts we have.

www.vintagepaperads.com_assets_images_BW0369.jpg
We deal with fatality based odds every second of the day. It’s all background noise until it’s your time

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colt (or maybe S&W) used to have a print ad that warned you to keep an empty chamber under the hammer for just this reason. In particular, a lot of old revolvers (and semi-autos) aren't drop-safe. That's why safeties like firing pin blocks and transfer bars exist today.

Odds are that it was the result of a mistake, but you can't eliminate mechanical failure based on the facts we have.

www.vintagepaperads.com_assets_images_BW0369.jpg

That’s just advertising for the series 80 posing as a PSA. Nice try Colt.

They failed to mention 1911s aren’t designed to be carried hammer down on a loaded chamber. The 1911 was designed to be carried locked and cocked.

Last edited:

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bruce Lee died in the similar fashion I believe.

If he was shot in the head, It wasn't a prop gun. Just my opinion. I know Bruce Lee was killed by a prop gun on set, but this is different. From what I've read, he was an up and coming Country star. Probly uses real guns on his music video cause they couldn't afford a 'stunt gun."

Bruce Lee did not die this way. Cerebral edema is listed as the cause of death. Many theories about what caused it but prop gun was not one of them.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-did-bruce-lee-die-1289822

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was BRANDON Lee who died after a firearms mishap on the set.
All kinds of theories as to what really happened.

I can't find the link right now, but one theory is that an improperly-made dummy round (with a live primer) had been fired in the revolver earlier; the live primer going off supposedly left a projectile stuck in the barrel, which went unnoticed at the time.
Later, the theory goes, a blank cartridge was loaded in the revolver and fired, with the force of the powder ignition sending the bullet out the muzzle and it fatally struck Brandon Lee.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was BRANDON Lee who died after a firearms mishap on the set.
All kinds of theories as to what really happened.

I can't find the link right now, but one theory is that an improperly-made dummy round (with a live primer) had been fired in the revolver earlier; the live primer going off supposedly left a projectile stuck in the barrel, which went unnoticed at the time.
Later, the theory goes, a blank cartridge was loaded in the revolver and fired, with the force of the powder ignition sending the bullet out the muzzle and it fatally struck Brandon Lee.
Posted earlier in this thread. Brandon, not Bruce.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They failed to mention 1911s aren’t designed to be carried hammer down on a loaded chamber. The 1911 was designed to be carried locked and cocked.
The 1911 was designed to be an officer's sidearm, which means it was most likely designed to be carried with the hammer down on an empty chamber, but I've not seen anything authoritative that says one way or the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom