Couple Product Reviews from my Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take this for what it’s worth but thought I’d post up some product reviews from equipment and accessories I’ve tried and used the last couple seasons. Some very high end and some cheap.

1. Centerpointe Sniper 370
MSRP $279

I chose this one first because it’s so underrated. I’ve owned several xbows the last 3 seasons trying to find one I liked for the kids. I literally can’t say enough about it. PROS: Speed, accurate, fairly quiet, extremely adjustable.
CONS: Hard to to find anything to complain about but the space where you put your foot to draw the bow could be a little larger. Cheap bolts so I just got some Easton’s.

2. First Lite Sanctuary Jacket
MSRP $400

First I picked it up used. I’d never pay $400 for a jacket. I was extremely disappointed in this Jacket. It did not live up to the hype. Seemed cheaply made. It was warm and quiet but not well made. I buy Game Winner for my kids and I wear Under Armour. Both of those are far superior to First Lite products in my opinion.
PROS: Quiet, comfortable
CONS: Poorly built, bad zippers, pockets design is bad

My thumbs are tired so I’ll post more later. Still to come; socks, boots, Obsession bow and more.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the First Lite jacket. I don't own any of their gear, but a lot of the western guys live and die by them! Makes me second guess buying that jacket for next year late season. What size is it?

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a set of the First Lite rain gear and I have been quite satisfied with it. With my experience in that product I bought a pair (used) of their wool pants (corrugate guide?) and I really like them. So I then purchased a wool shirt (chama?) and its very nice as well. However, I have not paid anywhere close to retail for any of it and still never would. Just my $0.02.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was a 2xl and I lost a bunch of weight so it was a little big but good for layering when it got really cold. The material used on this coat were very thin and snagged in everything. The inner silk lining material was also very thin. Pockets were too small to get my hands in and out of easily. And then there’s the dang zippers. What a piece of crap or just awful design. They hung up all the time and getting it started was the biggest pain in the rear I’ve ever had with a jacket. Now there are some good design ideas about it but not worth forking over $400 for. There’s far better options out there for a fraction of the price. I’ve been very interested in the cabelas gear and the lifetime warranty is a plus.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for the Centerpoint Sniper 370. My 11 year old daughter saved up her money to buy a crossbow and settled on that one. I was surprised at the accuracy when we started shooting it. She can hit a solo cup from 10 - 40 yds almost without fail. Cocking it is almost impossible for her, so that could be a + or - . I kind of like sitting her in a tree stand and not worrying about her even attempting to cock it herself. Plus, knowing that she only gets one shot prompts her to be conscientious of making a good shot.

There were several times this fall that I would grab her crossbow instead of my bow when she wasn’t going out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom