Court rules against ownership of black rifles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very interesting read. I would think in the end someone would have to actually delineate the difference between assault rifles and those recognized by the Second Amendment. Less they say that unless a firearm meets the following , x,y,z standards then it is something else than a firearm. Interesting concept I think, but in the end just not a feasible one.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can see your take on it. I certainly agree that it misses the whole "shall not be infringed" part as well. It seems that eventually there will have to be a decision by SCOTUS that would put all this fodder to rest once and for all as @chuter said. Was hoping we were past all this after the past election, oh well, wishful thinking.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
news/maryland/politics/bs-md-assault-rifle-ban-ruling-20170221-story.html

A federal appeals court upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, concluding that the powerful military-style guns outlawed by the measure are not entitled to protection under the Second Amendment.

The 10-4 ruling, issued by the entire Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, reverses a decision by a smaller panel of judges from the court last year that called the law's constitutionality into question.

The bill was steered through the Maryland Senate in 2013 by then-Sen. Brian E. Frosh in the wake of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. Since elected as the state's attorney general, he has defended the law in court.

Frosh, a Democrat, called the dual role gratifying and said he was very happy with the ruling

Latest posts

Top Bottom