COVID-19 Exposure Notifications Systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apple and Android already have these on your phone. My Apple work phone had it enabled before I knew it was there. My personal Android is somewhat old and I can't find where it may be hiding despite online instructions. Maybe because it's old.

Some workplaces are making the app or some other type of tracking device mandatory.
Civil rights and privacy experts warn that the spread of such wearable continuous-monitoring devices could lead to new forms of surveillance that outlast the pandemic — ushering into the real world the same kind of extensive tracking that companies like Facebook and Google have instituted online. They also caution that some wearable sensors could enable employers, colleges or law enforcement agencies to reconstruct people’s locations or social networks, chilling their ability to meet and speak freely. And they say these data-mining risks could disproportionately affect certain workers or students, like immigrants living in the country illegally or political activists.

“It’s chilling that these invasive and unproven devices could become a condition for keeping our jobs, attending school or taking part in public life,” said Albert Fox Cahn, executive director of the Surveillance Technology Oversight Project, a nonprofit in Manhattan. “Even worse, there’s nothing to stop police or ICE from requiring schools and employers to hand over this data.”

My questions are: What will you do if your workplace requires a tracking device? What would you do if a retailer or event required its use?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm surprised that my workplace hasn't made tracking mandatory. They are all Apple worshippers and mostly liberal dems.

They know that I'm a gun toting conservative and just kind of keep me in the corner where I can't do too much damage.

They probably figure that I wouldn't go for it anyway so they haven't "made" me do anything that I might raise a fuss about.

Hmmm... Maybe that's why I only get to work twelve hours a week.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leave my phone hone for hours on the charger. Now, prove I wasn't home taking a nap.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apple and Android already have these on your phone. My Apple work phone had it enabled before I knew it was there. My personal Android is somewhat old and I can't find where it may be hiding despite online instructions. Maybe because it's old.

Some workplaces are making the app or some other type of tracking device mandatory.

My questions are: What will you do if your workplace requires a tracking device? What would you do if a retailer or event required its use?

Retailers are already tracking you and your self purchased tracking device as you walk through the store. If you don't like being tracked, you shouldn't be using a cell phone or a computer.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/14/opinion/bluetooth-wireless-tracking-privacy.html

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised that my workplace hasn't made tracking mandatory. They are all Apple worshippers and mostly liberal dems.

They know that I'm a gun toting conservative and just kind of keep me in the corner where I can't do too much damage.

They probably figure that I wouldn't go for it anyway so they haven't "made" me do anything that I might raise a fuss about.

Hmmm... Maybe that's why I only get to work twelve hours a week.

Liberal or conservative has nothing to do with tracking. All sides have been awful in that one. Like that lovely Patriot Act, etc. Wanting to have back doors into encryption. This idiot idea is pretty bi partasin and has been.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0147.GIF

I have a dumb phone for a reason.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom