Covid Conundrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom is O-, she got the virus a few weeks ago. She didn't have it really bad & has since recovered. She has to wear a mask where she works, & she wears one into other places.
Several people in the church I attend had the virus at the same time period as my mom. All 4 of them prominent mask wearers. 1 of those now has bacterial pneumonia, & was told that came from wearing the mask that she is wearing.

My dad & I do not wear a mask, my cousin that works with us does not, his family does not, anywhere we go we do NOT put on a mask. We have not gotten sick at all.

You can't keep telling me that the mask wearing is going to keep you from getting it. All these statements saying that masks will protect you or the one your with is false. Humans have interacted for thousands of years without wearing masks & did just fine.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A mask wont help keep you from getting it. Thats proven. It only protects others from your germs. A surgeon doesnt mask up to protect himself from the patient, hes protecting the patient from infection.
Anhyway, I am A+ IIRC and have had lots of interactions with people and one of whom had the virus. My gal had it and I sat right there on the couch with her trying to pamper her. Never got it.

No a mask will not keep you from getting it, unless the ******* with it is wearing a mask too. Then it cuts t6he chances way down.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife visits almost every hospital floor daily, at least five days a week and has since this all started. Been exposed numerous times outside the hospital as well and here at home and never tested positive or positive for antibodies. O+

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to a couple of doctors I see, there are apparently some indications that taking Vit D and Zinc (cold-eze, for example) help with resistance. Have also heard about the blood type bit.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother-in-law was sent home on hospice care about 3 weeks ago...still hanging in there! Naturally, the first week we were there every waking hours. There were also a lot of visitors stopping in to say goodbye. Sure enough, one of the visitors unknowingly had Covid and it spread like wild fire. My wife, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and 2 nephews all came down with it! My mother-in-law (thank the lord) and myself were the only ones that didn’t. I too, am O+...not sure that’s why I didn’t get it. My wife isolated for the full 2 weeks and never came out of the bedroom. I cared for her and always masked up and must have went through a case of Lysol. Now I’m ultra paranoid...I dang sure don’t want to get it, but it goes to show we’re all vulnerable to catch it. You just don’t know!

And, I got no issue with those that unknowingly have the virus. Can't do anything about that. My issue is with the sorry ass people that know they are sick and still go to work or to the store, or do anything really besides stay home.

We don't need to go thru it all again here. We've done that already. And some people showed their true character.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've come into direct contact with it several times with no impact. Just enough to make me wonder if I'm superman and immune. Found out this week.... Nope I'm not...! O+ Blood. My case is pretty mild thank God.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to a couple of doctors I see, there are apparently some indications that taking Vit D and Zinc (cold-eze, for example) help with resistance. Have also heard about the blood type bit.
When I tested positive, my wife got tested and the doctor told her to take extra Vitamin C, Zinc, and Vitamin D3

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At one point you swore you previously had covid. Now you have never got it. Or do you mean you never got it from your gal?
Yes I did but I have no way to prove what I had was covid. No antibodies but we tested for those 4 months after the fact. I feel like it could have been covid but the symptoms were different than what I am hearing. I had a dry cough and low grade fever. The cough lasted a month and fever about 5 days only at night. I never felt the fatigue I hear everyone having. So either I had it and am now immune or never had it and I am immune.
SEVERAL people I talked to said they had the same thing back around Dec. and Jan. and all wonder it was covid but no one could confirm it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All of the Dr's I'm acquainted with think the testing is silly, unless you're sick or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive or has definite covid symptoms . No reason for healthy people to take a test. Same for the taking of the temps. There are tons of people with no symptoms. I had one guy tell me directly, taking temps before people enter his office is PR and nothing more.

All of them have the same advice. If you're healthy, live your life, but avoid large gatherings of more than about 6-8 folks, and only those you know well. Limit trips to the store, because ass holes. Wear the mask so some Karen doesn't flip out on you at the store, not because it's very effective.

One instance where I think a mask might "help"; if you were raised by wolves and you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, it will prevent the entire room from being filled with atomized virus. It's not gonna stop it from going 6 feet though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom