Covid Conundrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to a couple of doctors I see, there are apparently some indications that taking Vit D and Zinc (cold-eze, for example) help with resistance. Have also heard about the blood type bit.
Dr.s are treating covid with D and Zink as well as other stuff I guess. It is a known fact that those 2 vitamins do a fantastic job of strengthening the immune system. I started taking those 4-5 years ago as per my Dr.s orders for other reasons but I take a 4000IU of D and 100mg Z every morning along with Turmeric, E, B complex and Omega 3 fish oil and my health has been improved since. The Turmeric is for inflamation control all over as I have nerve damage in my legs n feet (neuropathy) and it maybe helping to prevent further old man aches and pains or not but I take it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the Dr's I'm acquainted with think the testing is silly, unless you're sick or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive or has definite covid symptoms . No reason for healthy people to take a test. Same for the taking of the temps. There are tons of people with no symptoms. I had one guy tell me directly, taking temps before people enter his office is PR and nothing more.

All of them have the same advice. If you're healthy, live your life, but avoid large gatherings of more than about 6-8 folks, and only those you know well. Limit trips to the store, because ass holes. Wear the mask so some Karen doesn't flip out on you at the store, not because it's very effective.

One instance where I think a mask might "help"; if you were raised by wolves and you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, it will prevent the entire room from being filled with atomized virus. It's not gonna stop it from going 6 feet though.
I wont wear a mask and I have had some Karen act stupid over it once. It was actually funny to me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three times now since April I’ve been right in the midst of covid spreader events involving family. So much for folks being truthful about health issues. The latest being at Christmas.
25 people including 6 children under 12. Found out a few days later that two of the folks had active Covid and they knew it but they came anyway. 8 of the adults there came down with the virus. I sat next to those two in-laws for hours. Nobody bothered to tell me about any of this for 10 days. I never came down with a single symptom.

Went to the doctors office on Wednesday and had an antibody test done. Got the results back and it was negative for antibodies. Exact same thing happened at Easter, same results. So what gives? Do some folks just have a natural immunity or what?
I’d never be around the fools that knowingly showed up with covid ever again. I’d probably also try to report them to the health department.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the Dr's I'm acquainted with think the testing is silly, unless you're sick or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive or has definite covid symptoms . No reason for healthy people to take a test. Same for the taking of the temps. There are tons of people with no symptoms. I had one guy tell me directly, taking temps before people enter his office is PR and nothing more.

All of them have the same advice. If you're healthy, live your life, but avoid large gatherings of more than about 6-8 folks, and only those you know well. Limit trips to the store, because ass holes. Wear the mask so some Karen doesn't flip out on you at the store, not because it's very effective.

One instance where I think a mask might "help"; if you were raised by wolves and you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, it will prevent the entire room from being filled with atomized virus. It's not gonna stop it from going 6 feet though.
Evidently a lot of people in Oklahoma were raised by wolves.

A mask can also cut down the viral load you get or so the experts say. Means you get a milder reaction to the virus.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now at least you know who tis invite and who not to invite. Hard way to learn though, I hope you don't develop Covid nor anyone in your home.

I do my best not to hold grudges. So far I’ve had three negative Covid tests and two negative antibody tests. But I’m not the only one. 4 other close family members are experiencing the same kinda luck. And we all have O+ blood types. I’ve read a couple of studies about Covid and blood types. I do know a couple of friends that are O+ that contracted the virus but both of them said it was much milder then what they expected and they were back up and running in a few days. Maybe it’s just luck. Who really knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom