Covid Conundrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Mac, I was trying to figure out how to say that. Then again, I don't ignore anyone. sometimes I scroll a little faster, but I never completely ignore. Why would I? What am I afraid of?
No idea why fear would be a factor, but then again I'm not gonna even try to figure out what's goin' on in your noggin... :D
:drunk2:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is just so much more fun to blame it all on attempts to control the masses, all over the world. Where is Alex Jones when we need him the most. What's the quote, "I'm not a medical expert, but I play one on OSA".

I think a lot of folks here might benefit from watching the 3 part Qanon documentary on Vice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I attended a super-spreader event this past weekend. 100 people huddled in a barn to try and stay warm. Old friends embracing, no one wearing masks...eating BBQ from an impromptu buffet line. Are we all gonna die?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So answer my post to RoadkingLarry.

Same precautions would result in a decrease in both. Show us your scientifically sound logic.

You are wrong, I am right. You just have a medical degree and experience. I have a keyboard a tin foil hat, and internet access. ;)

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what exactly you find incredulous or inconsistent about this scenario?

Influenza is infectious in the same way COVID is - if you wear a mask, social distance, wash/sanitize your hands, one would expect a decrease in cases. In fact, these are all concepts healthcare professionals have been recommending to reduce infections from influenza and other respiratory viruses for decades, with the masks a relatively rare development in the US, but certainly not worldwide, where SARS infections have been more dangerous (and commonplace) for years.

COVID is a relatively new viral infection with essentially zero community-based herd immunity status or vaccination that can help protect against things like flu year over year...

So now... given all of that absolutely factual and well-documented information - tell me again what it is you're having trouble with?

My response is that both are viruses. One doesn't kill the other. They don't vie for the top dog position. Both being viruses, and the flu being greatly diminished while the Covid is active tells me that the covid is likely a mutation or progression of the flu. These apparent new strains of the covid that seem to pop up out of nowhere is another indication to me that the covid is simply progressing/mutating like any other flu virus. The increased use of masks and hand washing doesn't fly in my book as to why the usual flu is diminished. Progression/mutation makes much more sense to me.

The number of deaths being reported as being the result of the covid can't be anything more than being reported as the main cause of death of people with comorbiditys. As is usual with the flu, most people who get it don't die of it. It is only the straw that breaks the camels back for people with underlying conditions, just as someone with high blood pressure can have a stroke under a stressful situation; or be inflicted with severe arterial sclerosis and suffer angina when smoking (I raise my hand!) and have a heart attack when a small blood clot lodges in a restricted cardiac artery (I raise my hand!). Diabetes, asthma, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and other underlying conditions are generally the main cause of death but not being listed as such. Those conditions will eventually be the cause of death without the flu. Having the flu/covid is not an underlying condition, waiting around to kill you for when you develop diabetes, asthma, obesity, heart disease, cancer, or other condition.

If masks and hand washing were the reason the flu virus is in such lower numbers, it would have the same effect on the covid virus. Soap kills both. The covid virus and the flu virus are the same relative size, aren't they? Masks would work just as well for both.

The mendacity around this supposed pandemic/epidemic abounds.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom