Covid Conundrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My response is that both are viruses. One doesn't kill the other. They don't vie for the top dog position. Both being viruses, and the flu being greatly diminished while the Covid is active tells me that the covid is likely a mutation or progression of the flu. These apparent new strains of the covid that seem to pop up out of nowhere is another indication to me that the covid is simply progressing/mutating like any other flu virus. The increased use of masks and hand washing doesn't fly in my book as to why the usual flu is diminished. Progression/mutation makes much more sense to me.

The number of deaths being reported as being the result of the covid can't be anything more than being reported as the main cause of death of people with comorbiditys. As is usual with the flu, most people who get it don't die of it. It is only the straw that breaks the camels back for people with underlying conditions, just as someone with high blood pressure can have a stroke under a stressful situation; or be inflicted with severe arterial sclerosis and suffer angina when smoking (I raise my hand!) and have a heart attack when a small blood clot lodges in a restricted cardiac artery (I raise my hand!). Diabetes, asthma, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and other underlying conditions are generally the main cause of death but not being listed as such. Those conditions will eventually be the cause of death without the flu. Having the flu/covid is not an underlying condition, waiting around to kill you for when you develop diabetes, asthma, obesity, heart disease, cancer, or other condition.

If masks and hand washing were the reason the flu virus is in such lower numbers, it would have the same effect on the covid virus. Soap kills both. The covid virus and the flu virus are the same relative size, aren't they? Masks would work just as well for both.

The mendacity around this supposed pandemic/epidemic abounds.

Woody
Wow. Your statements illustrate an incredible ignorance of microbiology, medicine, and health care in general. Several claims are just plain false. Critical thinking skills are questionable as well. The more you go on with this theory, the bigger hole you dig, & more credibility is lost. Enjoying reading them though.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason there is such a drop in the flue cases is because the Covid is simply this season's flu. It's all corona viruses. Only a significant increase in the annual total death rate will suggest I'm wrong in my assessment.

Woody

The term you are looking for is "excess deaths". Deaths from all causes are tracked and, over time, an expected/predicted threshold can be established. Deaths over the threshold are labeled excess deaths. Excess deaths have been significantly elevated since March of last year. This, by itself, disproves the "COVID is replacing all other causes of death" B.S. floating around. We already hit a 30%-35% excess death rate this winter.

Excess deaths 2021.PNG

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-1_12-44-1.png
    upload_2021-2-1_12-44-1.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 47

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yet we have a few people here that have posted many times about "no excess deaths".
They will continue to do that.
Next step...impugn CDC statistics and paste pseudoscience from naturalnews.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morbidity/Mortality rates from the CDC are formulated over a 3 year period, I don’t think it’s possible to hang your hat on any numbers just yet. Or anyone else’s, lol.

Covid may not have killed every one infected, but the possibility of it exposing or exacerbating underlying conditions will probably get lumped into the same pile for a while.

67% of statistics are made up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yet we have a few people here that have posted many times about "no excess deaths".
They will continue to do that.
Next step...impugn CDC statistics and paste pseudoscience from naturalnews.
That graph is from the CDC who has already admitted to elevating the death numbers reported by 96%. So I'm having trouble believing what they say now. I just dont know.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The term you are looking for is "excess deaths". Deaths from all causes are tracked and, over time, an expected/predicted threshold can be established. Deaths over the threshold are labeled excess deaths. Excess deaths have been significantly elevated since March of last year. This, by itself, disproves the "COVID is replacing all other causes of death" B.S. floating around. We already hit a 30%-35% excess death rate this winter.

View attachment 191387

Your Google fu is strong!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 191387

It's a pretty graph, but it's predictions. AKA worthless.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Your statements illustrate an incredible ignorance of microbiology, medicine, and health care in general. Several claims are just plain false. Critical thinking skills are questionable as well. The more you go on with this theory, the bigger hole you dig, & more credibility is lost. Enjoying reading them though.

Your gaslighting skills are second to none. Use your microbiology, medicine, and health care skills to show me where I'm wrong.

Woody

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your gaslighting skills are second to none. Use your microbiology, medicine, and health care skills to show me where I'm wrong.

Woody
Ok, I’ll just do one, cause doing all would be tedious. You can research the other falsehoods on your own.
You said “...that the covid is likely a mutation or progression of the flu.”

So, mutations form different strains of the same virus. Covid is from the corona virus family. The flu is from the influenza virus family. It’s a different species, if you will. It’s impossible for a flu virus to mutate to a covid virus. That’s easy without even researching. Really basic stuff. In the future, I would research before you post, it will give you some credibility. BTW, I’m not a physician expert, I just work every day in the field. I read a lot of misinformation on here, & if I read something posted that isn’t true, I’ll call it out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom