Covid - Garbage in Garbage out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Positive Covid-19 test results keep rising fast, yet the daily new deaths from it keep dropping down. The panic seems to be increasing too, go figure.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From yesterday to today, 10k tests were completed. 1,000 new positives. My public education says that’s a 10% positive rate. Overall percent positive is up over 5.5%. We never saw 10% back in April. I don’t think we even saw 5%.

Bigger news is we are down to 16% of ICU beds available and all the OKC metro ICU beds are full.

That’s a lot for all the “my brother’s cousin’s best friend’s buddy left the testing site before testing and still got a positive test” stories.

How many of the ICU beds are being used for COVID and how many for other illness? Or is it one of those stats that if an ICU bed is populated, it is counted as a COVID case?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
From yesterday to today, 10k tests were completed. 1,000 new positives. My public education says that’s a 10% positive rate. Overall percent positive is up over 5.5%. We never saw 10% back in April. I don’t think we even saw 5%.

Bigger news is we are down to 16% of ICU beds available and all the OKC metro ICU beds are full.

That’s a lot for all the “my brother’s cousin’s best friend’s buddy left the testing site before testing and still got a positive test” stories.

If 10k tests we done today, but 1000 results came in positive, those 1000 were from previous testing done over the previous few days or week. The testing numbers are going up every day.

<edit> Almost no one has the rapid tests right now, that I know of. We have been on a waiting list forever for them. We have some rumblings that we may get some in a few weeks...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If 10k tests we done today, but 1000 results came in positive, those 1000 were from previous testing done over the previous few days or week. The testing numbers are going up every day.

<edit> Almost no one has the rapid tests right now, that I know of. We have been on a waiting list forever for them. We have some rumblings that we may get some in a few weeks...

True.

The overall percent positive is going up every day too. That’s an undeniable trend.

It is encouraging that deaths are not climbing as fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom