Cowboy Hats: Felt, or Straw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I can just see it now. Billy the Kid, Wyatt, Bat all looking around their cabin, saying "Where the Hell is my straw, don't you know it's Easter, if I wear my felt that damn Ike will laugh at me!"

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I can just see it now. Billy the Kid, Wyatt, Bat all looking around their cabin, saying "Where the Hell is my straw, don't you know it's Easter, if I wear my felt that damn Ike will laugh at me!"

Just because you are a barbarian, ignorant of proper cowboy hat decorum, is no reason to ridicule those of us who are blessed with a more enlightened sense of style.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because you are a barbarian, ignorant of proper cowboy hat decorum, is no reason to ridicule those of us who are blessed with a more enlightened sense of style.
That kinda proves the point he and I are making though. The only "code" is knowing when to take it off. That and you shouldnt wear a straw to anything you cant wear flip flops or work boots to.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rock that Resistol of Georges during the summer heat. You can get something just like or close for everyday, felt for formal and winter.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have a basic $50 Stetson felt crushable and I love it. :)

I only wear it when it's cool/cold outside or raining. It's the best umbrella I've ever had. I can keep both hands free and keep the rain off my head and neck.

I don't have a straw hat, because I haven't found one I like. Oh yeah...that pic earlier of the guy in the red shirt with long blonde hair and the cowgirl hat? Well...my mother taught me to not say anything if I wasn't going to say anything nice....so we'll just leave it at that. But, how much you want to bet he's Bieber fan? doh...I said something. :P

In any case, I don't listen to the so called rules about wearing hats except one. Hats are not to be worn indoors unless under arms (as in openly armed). We concealed carry folks don't count. It makes me cringe whenever I see someone wear their hat in a building. It may just be the old military in me, but that's how I feel. Wearing a hat indoors is just not the polite thing to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom