Cox Internet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My landlord just ripped out the box that connects cox to the whole apartment complex and removed the 6 volt backbone that comes from the phone line. He also clipped every cable coming out of the cox. Quite interesting.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did he state a reason for this?
The cables were not to his liking. He wanted them to go from the box into the wall as a bundle then to be fed to the apartments between the studs. He is quite the character. He just got his MBA over the internet during covid and knows everything about apartments and landlord tenant laws. It is his apartments and if you don't like it you can leave.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cables were not to his liking. He wanted them to go from the box into the wall as a bundle then to be fed to the apartments between the studs. He is quite the character. He just got his MBA over the internet during covid and knows everything about apartments and landlord tenant laws. It is his apartments and if you don't like it you can leave.
Seeing this crap I don't blame him.

CATV Mess.JPG
Cox cable 2.jpg
Cox cable.JPG

This COX stupidvisor got mad when I took his picture next to the hot mess he was dealing with.

I told him I would edit his face when and if I posted it. It's been over 15 years now so I'm safe.

This was section 8 housing in Del City in a winged complex with 4 floors. Each floor HVAC room was as horked up as this one by COX. I just had the fire alarm.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing this crap I don't blame him.

snipped...

This was section 8 housing in Del City in a winged complex with 4 floors. Each floor HVAC room was as hooked up as this one by COX. I just had the fire alarm.
Nothing would surprise me from Cox. My mom wanted a TV line dropped in her kitchen. They dropped one alright...Instead of going through the attic, they literally split off and ran coax up the brick on the outside back of the house (where it came in which is completely the opposite side of the house), then OVER THE ROOF and dropped it onto the front porch and came in the wall there. I **** you not. There's no way in hell I would've let them do that if I had been there. Yes there is coax on top of the shingles. :faint:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing would surprise me from Cox. My mom wanted a TV line dropped in her kitchen. They dropped one alright...Instead of going through the attic, they literally split off and ran coax up the brick on the outside back of the house (where it came in which is completely the opposite side of the house), then OVER THE ROOF and dropped it onto the front porch and came in the wall there. I **** you not. There's no way in hell I would've let them do that if I had been there. Yes there is coax on top of the shingles. :faint:
Holy Crap! Tell me oh please tell me what their stupidvisor did to appease you? You have a virtual goldmine in credits now with COX. Well maybe silver anyway.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the resurrection.

It appears ATT is running fiber in our neighborhood. Right now they are zigzagging under the streets and coming up just inside everyone's front yard with conduit.

If you sign up do they run fiber to the house somehow or does this get switched over to copper? Do they trench back to wherever your old telephone box is? I'm trying to see how big the pain of installation might be.

I'm sick of the never ending price hikes from Cox and I'm hoping ATT fiber may be an option. Although this will violate my never ATT oath from 10-15 years ago when I bit on their Uverse option.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My landlord just ripped out the box that connects cox to the whole apartment complex and removed the 6 volt backbone that comes from the phone line. He also clipped every cable coming out of the cox. Quite interesting.
probably tried to charge him $6000 a month.. cox is a ripoff and they know they have people over a barrel.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno—if it weren’t for the digital TV revolution, I would only have five or six broadcast channels to ignore instead of 30 or 40.
That's great, but exchanging your personal privacy for 20 extra TV channels is, to me, not much different than selling your soul to the devil for . . . 'favors'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom