Coyote season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say chicken but I bet you would eat a chicken.
I would think shrimp and shelled critters like muscles and oysters are up there in the should not eat department.
I eat that stuff also.
I have eaten live grasshoppers and live scorpions also and not dead yet..figured a dog that is slow cooked and torn/cut into pieces and BBQ sauce poured over it would make some tasty BBQ sandwiches ..some mustard and dill pickles on the sammich would be the perfect addition.

Sounds tasty now i bet :)

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will eat most anything but here is my reasoning for NOT eating a coyote...

I have noted many a coyote left laying in the woods, hanging on a fence or road killed, but I don’t recall ever seeing buzzards eating on them. I figure if a buzzard doesn’t like it enough to eat a coyote, probably I wouldn’t like it either.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coyote will sometimes be eaten by buzzards and crows. I have seen it. Only once though.
I have seen deer belly crawl under fences and across clear cuts. Odd things we see.

My theory is the coyote will chase off a buzzard to eat what it has..Buzzard sees coyote laying asleep in the grass.
Not going to mess with it he can get up and get me said the buzzard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never say never... I'd probably eat coyote (or even buzzard) if I was hungry enough.

Just ain't that hungry yet. :D
There are a couple of foreign countries where dog is raised as a food product to be butchered and eaten. The coyote probably doesn't have the same diet though. I'll pass as well.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This group more than any “hunting” board I’ve been on is obsessed with eating the things they kill. News flash! Somethings just need to die (like pigs and coyotes), and the buzzards have to eat too.:wink2:

I do clean quite a few of the pigs I kill, but my brother will waste the pigs but clean ever coon he catches.:scratch::screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom