Coyotes on the fence?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These two hung them on the fence. Ran them with Greyhounds. Fellah on the right was my Grandfather.
IMG.jpg

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, haven't seen running Greyhounds in a long time. Last old coot around here that ran em died in the late 80's. Cool pic..
My cousin has about 12 of them I think. Doesn't run them often because of time/weather not cooperating, but last time he went he said they got 20 in less than a day, but the majority fell off the truck while chasing the next one.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin has about 12 of them I think. Doesn't run them often because of time/weather not cooperating, but last time he went he said they got 20 in less than a day, but the majority fell off the truck while chasing the next one.

Do Greyhounds have problems with fences/wire or is that a myth? Does he run a big open expanse somewhere. Have chased coons, running coyotes would be a blast.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do Greyhounds have problems with fences/wire or is that a myth? Does he run a big open expanse somewhere. Have chased coons, running coyotes would be a blast.
Western panhandle. There may be fences, but they are few and far between so they don't pose a major issue. He just drives through the field until he sees one, floors it to get close and let the dogs out from what I understand. I've never done it with him despite a great desire to go, so I don't know how the dogs do with a fence.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There's plenty of guys around that still do it, most aren't well thought of because of their habits and practices.
This, I've been sitting in a blind and see that fences don't mean much to some. I'm not bad-mouthing everyone that runs greyhounds, just my one experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom