CPAP & BIPAP RECALL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this about ResMed when looking them up:
False Claims Settlement
In January 2020, ResMed Corp. agreed to pay more than $37.5 million to resolve alleged kickbacks paid to DME suppliers, sleep labs, and other healthcare providers in violation of the Anti-Kickback Statute.[6][7]

I don't remember hearing about this, getting reevaluated because of it, or getting a payout. Ironic, the government get's their "kickback" and everything is OK.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't remember hearing about this, getting reevaluated because of it, or getting a payout. Ironic, the government get's their "kickback" and everything is OK.

Been learning a lot about the shady practices of DME companies lately. I shouldn't be surprised by any of it. Just pisses me off when I read new stuff. Sad really, because there are many genuinely good people who are trying to help others in need in the field, but get the black eye just for being associated with the industry.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would imagine that the kickbacks were in relation to pushing ResMed over Respironics, Fisher and Paykel, etc., not in relation to whether one needed CPAP, so no re-evaluation would be necessary.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update....

Talked to Philips yesturday. Philips has apparently submitted redesign to FDA for approval so no telling how long that will take to be approved. Hold Pattern

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That wasn't true for me . After a few months I tossed it. I plan to check on what they have now that I might be able to stand.
Thats great you were able to quit using it. I regret ever getting on one. Once I got used to the pressure, that was it. I felt like I would stop breathing in the night and it gave me some pretty good anxiety when i tried to sleep without it

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resmed user here....very satisfied

I found local medical equipment companies to all be manipulative and pricey.........Instead I use and recommend buying from secondwindcpap.com, a small family company out of western MN.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BCBS never paid for any of my cpap machines except the first one.....slippery they are..... I pay about $500 to 600 for a top-of-the-line machine that is lightly used or just "open box" and throughly disinfected with ozone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom