CPAP & BIPAP RECALL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Doc, I haven’t seen the usual questions yet.

Does insurance pay for the appliance and your fees?
If not, what does it cost?
Yep medical insurance pays on qualified claims. That basically means we have to have all ducks lined up the way med insurance requires but not too difficult. Heck Medicare and secondary pay as well. Active Duty it is a very simple process. As to cost, that really depends on the appliance that we need to use and design. We do our best to have your out of pocket as low as possible. But that also depends on your Deductible and benefits plan

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had forgotten about this.

How many of ya'll have received replacements yet? I received a Dreamstation Go 2 about two months ago
Wife got hers last week. Same thing, it just showed up, no notice or anything. She sent it back to them with a letter saying where they can stuff it.

There is a new video out that talks about how Philips` higher-ups know about how long this foam has been in use by the company. It is the only type that they have ever used, and is in all of their products used for ventilation machines up until this year but it would have been too costly to issue a recall for all the machines ever made, even if they were still in use.

On a more positive note, we were trying to get her a new machine like mine and since her RX was more than two years old she needed to have a new sleep study done. The new study found.that she no longer had obstructive sleep apnea, so the doctors repeated the study twice over the last month just to make sure. Long story short, she no longer needs a CPAP.🥳

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the first time I've EVER heard of anyone having a sleep study done and being told they did not need a CPAP. I'm a little shocked.
When I went in for a sleep study to get a new CPAP, they actually suggested that I not use my CPAP for about a week before the sleep study. She said some people did so well on the CPAP that when they came in for the sleep study to get a new machine, there was enough residual benefit from using it the night before the study that the study results looked like they no longer needed it (although they really did), and the insurance companies would not cover the new machine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom