Cracked ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am Erica, I am doing the typing for my Dad. It is a long story.

Here are a couple pictures of my Grandpas rifle, this is the area that the barrel goes into the frame. Dad was helping me clean the gun, it is a Husqvarna 270. Neither Dad or I see very well, even with my glasses on. But we could both feel something, so we got the big lighted magnifier and this is what we saw.

Oh this is on the very bottom almost center, if we had not taken the stock off it would never have been noticed.

The information on the gun is this. Husqvarna Vapenfabriks A.B. 270 WINCH and a serial # of 115823. Dad said to see the crown, we must remove a scope mount, if needed just tell us. Google was no help with the #, Dad does not even know what model it is, but said it is a Mauser action.

The camera has a auto setting for close shots. So can anyone tell us if this is a crack? Dad does not what we see in the pictures because of location and unknown age or what has been shot through it over the years. Grandpa had it before Dad, he will be 53 next month.

If any other info is needed please ask and I will check with Dad and post back.

Thanks, Erica .... for EhlerDave.
Husq 2.JPG
Husq 1.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom