Craftsman Lifetime Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the craftsman warranty is now a mail in venture, you send it in, and they send you another one.
The snap on may have been old enough that it was not lifetime. Way back in the day, only a few things
were actually lifetime. I have not bought craftsman since early 2000. That is when they switched from
KD allen making there hand tools to cheap china crap. I think Tekton stuff is pretty good, I have
bought some for home use. Harbor freight has some decent stuff as well.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think your idea of a repair kit is a good one. Why? Years ago sears would just trade out broken stuff without questions so I took my old rachet in and got a new one. It was junk. I went back to the store and got my oldmrachet back. I still have it and it is OK even though I never rebuilt it. So try the kit or make your own.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the Official Craftsman Site, most of their manual hand tools (new & Sears-era) carry a full lifetime warranty. No proof of purchase required. Site says to return to a stocking Craftsman partner store or provides an 800 number method.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to take Craftsman tools back to the Sears store for replacement but that was 20 yrs ago. Even took one of their pocket knives back for replacement.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like I should just buy the repair kit . . . hopefully it's not made in China now. :)
That's what I'd try. I have my dad's Craftsman tools that he bought in the late '60s and early '70s, some that I bought in the mid '90s, and some that I bought within the last 10 years. The later stuff is better than the Chinesium stuff at Harbor Freight (I bought a cheap set of flare nut wrenches from HF that should've had "-ish" stamped after each size), but there's a noticeable drop in quality from the older Craftsman tools.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time for me was in the early 2000's. Took a defective brand new ratchet back to the Sears store and the lady wanted to give me a reman. The reman was actually reman'd but it looked like hell before hand. Like someone took a grinder to it. Just had all new guts in it. Nope. I told her I bought new not reman. She didn't complain but tried to pass it off initially. I grabbed another off the shelf and she processed that one.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the Official Craftsman Site, most of their manual hand tools (new & Sears-era) carry a full lifetime warranty. No proof of purchase required. Site says to return to a stocking Craftsman partner store or provides an 800 number method.
I opened a support ticket with them on their site to see what they'll say about this . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom