Craftsman Lifetime Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s still a small Sears store here, and a few years ago, I broke a ratchet that came from a kit bought there. They did handle the warranty, but I had to wait for a new ratchet to be shipped to me from the mother ship. I really didn’t understand it, because they had the same ratchet sitting on the shelf in the store. :anyone:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing you need to know. They will replace it with a made in China tool. I have lots of Craftsman and Pro Craftsman tools but had a hard stop on buying anything Craftsman when it became China made.

None of it is USA made so any replacement you get is going to be made in China. Major SUCK!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Sears was around it was easy you just took it in, in fact many used to buy broken craftsman tools at pawn shops to get new tools.

Ace hardware sells them but who knows if they’ll let you get a similar tool off the shelf like Sears used too🤷‍♂️
Ace and Lowes are Craftsman dealers. If ACE did not warranty one I took it to LOWES and no question was asked!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had a snap on man ask me for a receipt and I have ben dealing with them for 50 years!
I have a SNAP ON Torque wrench that went bad. They would not warranty it for two reasons. One says it was rusted. How can it be rusted when inside the original snap lock containers that was only used a couple times. Then, they said it was outdated and no parts available. Will never buy anymore from them. So now, I have a very expensive Long handle RATCHET

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 200 or 300 some-odd piece Craftsman mechanic tool set in 1983 along with a corded drill and reciprocating saw. I sold the drill in working condition a few years ago in a garage sale. I still use the reciprocating saw and I still have every piece to the tool set.

I had to replace the 3/8" drive many years ago. It was a matter of walking into the Sears store and swapping for a new one. I don't recall where the new one was made...it was probably over 15 years ago I did the swap.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t waste your time with Lowes. I broke an extension in a kit my father in law bought there and gave me a couple years ago, and the customer service lady at Lowes told me I had to contact the manufacturer. I ended up picking up a replacement at Tractor Supply for half what the craftsman replacement was going to cost. I’ll never buy another craftsman tool. :finger:
Buy Tekton Tools, I will tell you a Story about Tekton. My son came over to do some work on his truck and he was grabbing an impact socket (when he noticed I was missing a 5/8 impact in the set) as it turned out they had sent me a sent with 2 1/2 inch sockets instead. It was a Saturday, I emailed them on a Saturday with a picture explaining the situation. I got a response from them within 30 minutes and they had shipped me a 5/8 socket within an hour. Not only did they respond on a Saturday, but they already packaged and dropped a replacment socket in the mail within an hour on a Saturday. I have not purchased anything but Tekton since then. Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom