Craftsman Lifetime Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomTom

Marksman
Reaction score
A friend's son worked for Craftsman several years ago in Ft. Worth. He polished the hand tools and then the tool was chrome plated. The were made in China then. To be called American made they had to do 4 operations in the US. 4 coats of chrome.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago tried exchanging a Snap On tool that I had purchased used. Was informed it was a Mil issue and he could not do the exchange. I had no idea but suspect a lot of tools “grow legs” and disappear.

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you ever needed to have a Craftsman tool replaced under their lifetime warranty? If so, how much of a pain was it? Did you just visit a dealer and go from there?

I have an old ratchet that has a bad friction ball and/or spring. I was hoping I could get a cheap repair kit and just keep the original ratchet, but the repair kits cost more than a replacement ratchet.
Try the sears parts store

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I have never had a snap on man ask me for a receipt and I have ben dealing with them for 50 years!
From the Snap-on website's Ts&Cs:
"To obtain warranty service contact the Snap-on Customer Care Center via telephone at 1-877-762-7664 or e-mail [email protected]. The following information will be required with the customer’s warranty request: (1) date and proof of purchase, (2) where customer purchased the product, (3) full name, (4) shipping address, (5) phone number, (6) e-mail address, (7) item number(s) or approximate weight of return package. Warranty requests that do not include all of the required information will not be processed."

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do miss Sears sometimes. I never had an issue exchanging a tool that went bad, although I think it only happened once or twice with a ratchet.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Snap-on website's Ts&Cs:
"To obtain warranty service contact the Snap-on Customer Care Center via telephone at 1-877-762-7664 or e-mail [email protected]. The following information will be required with the customer’s warranty request: (1) date and proof of purchase, (2) where customer purchased the product, (3) full name, (4) shipping address, (5) phone number, (6) e-mail address, (7) item number(s) or approximate weight of return package. Warranty requests that do not include all of the required information will not be processed."
Interesting to hear about the Snap on written policy; i guess it just depends on who you make contact with. It is ridiculous to require receipts on a lifetime item like a tool, esp given the past Craftsman practice of just exchanging without question. But I guess those days are long gone, for the most part.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you ever needed to have a Craftsman tool replaced under their lifetime warranty? If so, how much of a pain was it? Did you just visit a dealer and go from there?

I have an old ratchet that has a bad friction ball and/or spring. I was hoping I could get a cheap repair kit and just keep the original ratchet, but the repair kits cost more than a replacement ratchet.
Still easy. Lowes now handles Craftsman tools. They'll replace any tool they have currently in stock. I took in a cracked 18 mm socket last week. Exchange was quick and easy.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do miss Sears sometimes. I never had an issue exchanging a tool that went bad, although I think it only happened once or twice with a ratchet.
There towards the end they were providing rebuild "kits" for the ratchet heads rather than replacing the entire tool which was another level of PITA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom