Craftsman Lifetime Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t waste your time with Lowes. I broke an extension in a kit my father in law bought there and gave me a couple years ago, and the customer service lady at Lowes told me I had to contact the manufacturer. I ended up picking up a replacement at Tractor Supply for half what the craftsman replacement was going to cost. I’ll never buy another craftsman tool. :finger:
She wasn't very bright. You should have asked for her supervisor. They still list "Covered for Life" on their in-store displays.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s still a small Sears store here, and a few years ago, I broke a ratchet that came from a kit bought there. They did handle the warranty, but I had to wait for a new ratchet to be shipped to me from the mother ship. I really didn’t understand it, because they had the same ratchet sitting on the shelf in the store. :anyone:
Some Sears stores were owned by Sears and some were franchised just like Radio Shack.

The Guy I knew at RS bought the franchise and was shipped whatever the parent company decided he should have whether he had the space, need, or use for it. That was in their contract. It about bankrupted him the first year because they were force feeding him computers and such he didn't want or even order. As another kick, if he sold those items just to get rid of them to make space for his items, they would usually double his order. He had to purchase a storage unit and keep the stuff they sent him on inventory but not in the store.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Sears was around it was easy you just took it in, in fact many used to buy broken craftsman tools at pawn shops to get new tools.

Ace hardware sells them but who knows if they’ll let you get a similar tool off the shelf like Sears used too🤷‍♂️
Now that is why Sears Stores are no longer around............!

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Snap-on website's Ts&Cs:
"To obtain warranty service contact the Snap-on Customer Care Center via telephone at 1-877-762-7664 or e-mail [email protected]. The following information will be required with the customer’s warranty request: (1) date and proof of purchase, (2) where customer purchased the product, (3) full name, (4) shipping address, (5) phone number, (6) e-mail address, (7) item number(s) or approximate weight of return package. Warranty requests that do not include all of the required information will not be processed."
For what one pays for Sanp-On they should provide a cute little lady to sit on your lap and hold the receipts until you need them........updating the little lady every 10 years or so.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tools, lawnmowers, and appliances were great at Sears. Clothing and everything else was way too high. I loved the hot roasted cashews too, they were hard to resist.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i worked at Lowes last summer and yes its all made in china,, but vids online show its just as good as the USA made stuff, the thing is its made with more steel, socket walls are thicker, i broke a USA 1/2 breaker bar, went to a sears store got a new one it was chinese,and the area between the handle and swivel was thicker,, a bolt was used to hold the swivel in ,which i think is better than a pin, as the bolt keep the "ears" from spreading..anyway at lowes we always exchange broken tools right there,no problems ,as long as we had it in stock, which we always did...FYI if anyone wants a USA craftsman socket i have a bunch for sale, ALL USA made..1/4 1$,,3/8 2$,,1/2 3$,, mostly SAE,,,but i have some metric, mostly 12 point, a few 6 point,,a 10 piece metric combination wrench set,12 point,40$...nw okc..

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Ace hardware two seperate times to warranty tools, picked out comparable tools and it was a non issue !

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to update how this ended up going . . .

I ended up contacting Craftsman via their website and asked for a repair kit. Instead of sending me one, they sent me a replacement ratchet. I still might just buy a repair kit to keep using the original ratchet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom